Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » General Gaming and Video Game Podcasts » Brew City Gamers

Post subject: Episode 66 - OshCon
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:54 pm 
GM

Show notes:

1. Intro/Whybut

2. Feedback [12:42}

3. News [18:03]
Project Milo Canceled
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/23/rumor ... e-project/

Call of Duty: Black Ops will have Zombie Mode
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/yes-call- ... mode/2592/

Band of Zombies
http://www.rpgnews.com/rpg-news/eden-st ... f-zombies/

The Settlers of Catan: The 15th Anniversary Wood Edition
http://www.boardgamenews.com/announceme ... -celebrate

4. Top 3 most wanted video games yet this year {37:17]

5. Interview with Adam Loper about OshCon [45:28]
http://www.oshcon.org/

Web: BrewCityGamers.com

Post subject: Re: Episode 66 - OshCon
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:29 pm 
Wiffle Bat of the Jedi [Moderator]

Project Milo canceled... and lots of creepy people cried out in agony.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:14 am 
Geek In Training

Random stuff:
Fallout Vegas- Bought it Tuesday, I needed to get some work done first so I'm just installing it now (on PC, once they added those two little sticks to the controllers I lost the ability to aim ;) ). Are you guys going to play "hardcore" mode or the sissy version?

Hexes- I made a 3D gaming board with 1" hexes on it once, mine was about 2 feet square. First I made the board (with hills, etc). Then I spray painted the whole thing black. Then I carefully put chicken wire on it and bent it so that it followed the contours of the surface; I had to tack it down in a few places too. A few of the hexes got a little bent out of shape, but not too bad. Essentially the chicken wire acts as a reverse mask. Then you lightly spray paint the surface again (perpendicular to the surface - important) in green or whatever color. Afterwards I needed to darken the black in a few places, but for the most part you could lightly see the black lines, creating the hex grid you needed.

I'm catching up on my 40K Radio podcasts, I'm guessing you guys don't listen to that one. On the 9/1 episode Romeo from Battlefoam gave you guys a nice shout out. Actually, he mentioned a few others I listen to; he seems like a decent guy.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:04 am 
GM

Jabberwock wrote:
Random stuff:
Fallout Vegas- Bought it Tuesday, I needed to get some work done first so I'm just installing it now (on PC, once they added those two little sticks to the controllers I lost the ability to aim ;) ). Are you guys going to play "hardcore" mode or the sissy version?

Hexes- I made a 3D gaming board with 1" hexes on it once, mine was about 2 feet square. First I made the board (with hills, etc). Then I spray painted the whole thing black. Then I carefully put chicken wire on it and bent it so that it followed the contours of the surface; I had to tack it down in a few places too. A few of the hexes got a little bent out of shape, but not too bad. Essentially the chicken wire acts as a reverse mask. Then you lightly spray paint the surface again (perpendicular to the surface - important) in green or whatever color. Afterwards I needed to darken the black in a few places, but for the most part you could lightly see the black lines, creating the hex grid you needed.

I'm catching up on my 40K Radio podcasts, I'm guessing you guys don't listen to that one. On the 9/1 episode Romeo from Battlefoam gave you guys a nice shout out. Actually, he mentioned a few others I listen to; he seems like a decent guy.

Never listened to it before the Battlefoam guys took it over. I have listened to two episodes since. What time is it in that episode?

It goes on my "need filler" cast list, only listen to it if I run out of my other casts to listen to at work.

Web: BrewCityGamers.com

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:48 pm 
Super Hero in Training

I rented New Vegas the day it came out, and have been playing it a few hours everyday. I made a Hardcore character and it is rough, and you have to spend more time going through dumpsters and refrigerators looking for food and water. It's crazy, but enhances the experience. We'll have a nice big discussion about it on the next show.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:36 pm 
Geek In Training

The BCG shout out is at about 2 hours, 30 minutes of show #4, dated 9/1/10. You might want to start at about 2:27 where Romeo mentions a few other shows too. As I mentioned, he sounds like a class act.
I listened to 40k Radio since show #5 or so (the old show numbering system). There was a huge shake up and lots of drama about 6 months ago, not really what I was interested in listening to. I'm giving them another chance now that there is new management.

I've played New Vegas for about 12 hours now, I'm completely addicted to it. It's a lot like FO3, which is perfectly fine with me. On PC I'm not having any difficulty with hardcore mode. There seems to be a lot of food and if I need more I just go hunt animals out in the Wasteland. :) My character is a sniper/sneaker type so I don't get hurt a lot, so that is probably the difference. I imagine a melee fighter would have a lot more trouble with finding enough food to stay healthy. But you're right about the enhanced experience with hardcore mode, it makes it more realistic, wouldn't play it any other way.
I was also lucky that I bought my copy at Walmart, it came with something called a "Caravan Pack" DLC where my characters start out with some good equipment, including a pair of binoculars. I spend a lot of time climbing hills with the binocs, looking around for interesting places to explore. They help to spot enemies from a safe distance too. I'll easily get 100 hours of fun out of this, it will be interesting to hear some of your experiences too.

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » General Gaming and Video Game Podcasts » Brew City Gamers