Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » General Gaming and Video Game Podcasts » Brew City Gamers

Post subject: Episode 59 - Kingmaker
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:33 pm 
GM

Show notes:

1. Intro/Whybut

2. News [28:25]
New Lara Croft Reboot
http://kotaku.com/5555675/kim-kardashia ... unds-wrong

Hulu Coming to Xbox 360
http://kotaku.com/5553039/hulu-coming-to-xbox-360

Star Wars Adventures
http://kotaku.com/5552522/free-realms-m ... adventures

Madden 10 to 11 Team Rating Comparisons
http://kotaku.com/5555978/raiders-maint ... en-ratings

Top Collectible Games--Q1 2010
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/17569.html

Top 10 Board, Card, Family Games--Q1 2010
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/17570.html

Top 5 2009 RPGs--Q1 2010
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/17571.html

Top 5 Non-Collectible Miniature Lines--Q1 2010
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/17572.html

Alkemy goes Metal
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/05/30/36534

Forces of Warmachine: Cryx delayed
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/05/19/36228

3. BCG Brew Ha Ha I [1:01:57]

4. ShaunWoo's Top 5 Hong Kong Action Movies [1:25:50]

5. Top 10 Hoth Battles in Video Games [1:37:49]

6. Warmachine 35pt list (part 2) [1:46:21]

Web: BrewCityGamers.com

Post subject: Re: Episode 59 - Kingmaker
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:46 pm 
Wiffle Bat of the Jedi [Moderator]

I'll be curious to see what you guys have to say about the new Star Wars Clone Wars free MMO, as well as ShaunWoo's top 5 Hong Kong action flicks. (If hard boiled isn't on the list, he gets no honorary Asian status!).

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:20 am 
GM

watanabe2k wrote:
I'll be curious to see what you guys have to say about the new Star Wars Clone Wars free MMO, as well as ShaunWoo's top 5 Hong Kong action flicks. (If hard boiled isn't on the list, he gets no honorary Asian status!).

He'll be ok.

Uploading it now.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:04 am 
Geek In Training

The current Scenarios all push armies to the middle of the field, which will help people obtain Caster kills. That is one of the things I like about most of the sceanrios.

I do believe Strength of Schedule is better then control points, as those armies that are designed to kill the caster will lose out when we care about control points as the 1st tiebreaker.

If you only use Caster kill as scearnios. You will have people design armies that can sit and camp the corner. Armies like Haley will come back and such. PLus you cant run a Streamroller Event with caster kill only. I cannot think of anything less fun, then a pure caster kill tournament. Maybe a killbox tournament, (as MrRfulles suggested) so at least warcasters/warlocks need to move a few inches foward.

Accelerated time events with shorter Turn times suck, but shorter round times is not bad. (so what trazor mentioned, it is not as bad)

You also need to factor in, If you shortern a 35pt game to 45 minutes.. If a person uses their extension. you could only get 3 turns, and if I person is more afraid of the other, they can again turtle and force more ties. SOme of those options always sound good in theory, but they can get messy in reality.

its worth testing out IMO.

When it comes to "different" events i think they are ok, but its nice to have most events be standard tournaments. with a mix every now and then of silly stuff.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 am 
Geek In Training

With out of Formation stuff. You can keep the Bane thrall standard on the back edge of the board the entire game.

Even when it says you need to run towards you unit leader, you can run zero. I have seen this used, in multiple events by a lot of poeple.

You just need to realize, staying in formation is only a MK1 rule. that is not a factor or an issue in MKII

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:19 am 
GM

carnage4u wrote:
With out of Formation stuff. You can keep the Bane thrall standard on the back edge of the board the entire game.

Even when it says you need to run towards you unit leader, you can run zero. I have seen this used, in multiple events by a lot of poeple.

I would slap that person(s) for being a bitch.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:46 pm 
Geek In Training

Ok, I know it wasn't /your/ top 10 list, but seriously - Battlefront 2 only made it to #6!?!?

Did they forget, you get to sit in the snow trench and watch the approaching Imperials - and fly snow speeders - and you get to be a snow trooper. And most important, you actually get to DRIVE an AT-AT! How the hell does that lose out to the original Atari game (which wasn't even that fun when it was new)? I've played the Hoth map for hours.

The lists you guys do are always fun, but that author is nuts.

Also, thanks a /ton/ for the 2 part RDR reviews. :wink: Now I really want to play it and it's not available for PC. WTF?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:46 am 
GM

Jabberwock wrote:
Ok, I know it wasn't /your/ top 10 list, but seriously - Battlefront 2 only made it to #6!?!?

Did they forget, you get to sit in the snow trench and watch the approaching Imperials - and fly snow speeders - and you get to be a snow trooper. And most important, you actually get to DRIVE an AT-AT! How the hell does that lose out to the original Atari game (which wasn't even that fun when it was new)? I've played the Hoth map for hours.

The lists you guys do are always fun, but that author is nuts.

Also, thanks a /ton/ for the 2 part RDR reviews. :wink: Now I really want to play it and it's not available for PC. WTF?

Thanks.

I think they are going off the snowspeeder vs the AT-AT. But yeah BF2 was bad ass.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:34 pm 
GM

carnage4u wrote:

You just need to realize, staying in formation is only a MK1 rule. that is not a factor or an issue in MKII

You can only run 0" if you are fleeing, Cryx don't flee. A model out of formation HAS to make a full advance or run to try to get back into formation.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:41 am 
Geek In Training

MrRuffles wrote:
carnage4u wrote:

You can only run 0" if you are fleeing, Cryx don't flee. A model out of formation HAS to make a full advance or run to try to get back into formation.

You can still make a full advance of zero.. a full advance is jsut moving UP to your speed. You are not forced to move any distance.

This is becoming a very common tactic for Cryx bane thrall UA atm. I really wish it would be changed that ablities only worked while in formation

its stupid that Rangers can run out formation to give their army +2 to hit. Or bane thralls run out of formation to grant -2 armor, or steelhead pikeman run out of formation to give flank for their Heavy Cav. Lots of faction can take advantage of out of ofrmation rules atm.

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » General Gaming and Video Game Podcasts » Brew City Gamers