Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » General Gaming and Video Game Podcasts » Brew City Gamers

Post subject: BCG Crew needs ideas
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:38 am 
Super Hero in Training

The well is running dry and we need ideas to talk about in future shows. So we come to you, the listeners, to ask for ideas that you would like to hear us talk about. If it has to do with rpg's, video games, boardgames, movies/tv, heck maybe even comics...we would like to hear it.

Send them to brewcitygamers@gmail.com

or

post them in this thread.

Thanks Gamer Nation!

Post subject: Re: BCG Crew needs ideas
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:22 am 
Geek In Training

you all need to buy a Wii to play some games on it. Then you can review it :)

Episode theme - The search for Mac. the lost brew city gamer member.

Play an actual game of uncharted seas based on current rules and tell us whats it like. yes we all hear the rules change a lot, but the last time I heard that was 8 months ago. I have no idea if the game is more stable now. PLus they have a new Space game out, and I want to know if they are good games.

Get some new board games and go crazy on some reveiws :) Board games are great, but you guys dont seem to do much with them lately. Stop playing Modern warfare 2. that game is so last year. :)

I would suggest something with movies, but since my taste and Mr ruffles taste often dont match up. Id have movie rage listening to that episode :)

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:20 pm 
GM

All good ideas other then the search for Mac thing.

The Wii and new games are a rough one to do. While we would like to try them out for the review it really comes down to cash flow. As a gamer you know are hobby isn't cheap and most of our cash flow is limited for gaming items. So that makes it hard to pick up new games to play. We do have the "beer fund" which will help with things like new games and etc. <wink wink>

Don't know why but we haven't been on a board game kick lately. There is a few we have to play yet and could do reviews on.

Web: BrewCityGamers.com

Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:07 pm 
Wiffle Bat of the Jedi [Moderator]

I'm still catching up with episodes, but I was wondering how much discussion of table top RPG's you guys do? I know that you had a Saga Edition game going a while back, but I'd like to hear more about what other table top games you guys are playing lately.

Maybe you guys should go pick up Mouseguard and roll up characters and report on it! :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:32 am 
Super Hero in Training

I wouldn't mind trying out Mouseguard, but the other guys might think it's too silly. Who knows? We cycle through Star Wars Saga, Call of Cthulhu, Pathfinder as of right now. Trazor might run Iron Kingdoms some day. Oh, and we will eventually play World of Darkness.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:55 pm 
Wiffle Bat of the Jedi [Moderator]

Oh yeah, I'd be interested to see you guys run with (I think it was ShaunWoo's idea): Legacy Campaign, especially playing as Imperial Knights.

Though we don't need the details of any sex with Darth Talon (the red tattooed Twi'lek chick)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:59 am 
Gamer

Some (good? crappy?) ideas:

1. What about a Warmachine primer? I listen to the comments about the game, but you guys have never really sat down and done a walk-through of the game. Heck, I don't even know what Trazor does as a press-ganger. I am not suggesting you give away your super secret strategies, but for those of your listeners who don't know squat about the game, that is an idea. You could break it up, maybe even make it a reoccurring segment: Warmachine 101. Break up the game into bite size (15 minute?) pieces and you could have something going until summer. You could probably focus a full segment on each faction, then talk about how to build an army, opening moves, middle game and end game.

2. You are the Brew City Gamers--sell me on the City of Beer and Cheese that rests on Lake Michigan. What is cool about Milwaukee? I don't know much about the city myself, but I know it has Summerfest every year. But don't talk about the main tourist stuff, give us the off-beat, the out of the way and try to tie it into a game somehow. I know that one is a challenge, but what the heck I am just throwing crap against the wall here.

3. Last episode you guys talked about a shelf full of unplayed games, what about taping a live game and using cuts of that when you review the game. I know that is more work, but you only need to pull a couple of clips to bring the review alive. BTW, I don't recall that you guys reviewed the Pegasus add-on to BSG board game.

4. Beer Episode--review your favorite beers and why. But try to avoid the full on drunk episode (episode 2 or 3?), heh.

5. You have rated the best games, but what about best games for value. Go to the under $10 bin (or something) and pick 10 good games for the budget gamer.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:44 pm 
GM

Galieo wrote:
Some (good? crappy?) ideas:

1. What about a Warmachine primer? I listen to the comments about the game, but you guys have never really sat down and done a walk-through of the game. Heck, I don't even know what Trazor does as a press-ganger. I am not suggesting you give away your super secret strategies, but for those of your listeners who don't know squat about the game, that is an idea. You could break it up, maybe even make it a reoccurring segment: Warmachine 101. Break up the game into bite size (15 minute?) pieces and you could have something going until summer. You could probably focus a full segment on each faction, then talk about how to build an army, opening moves, middle game and end game.

2. You are the Brew City Gamers--sell me on the City of Beer and Cheese that rests on Lake Michigan. What is cool about Milwaukee? I don't know much about the city myself, but I know it has Summerfest every year. But don't talk about the main tourist stuff, give us the off-beat, the out of the way and try to tie it into a game somehow. I know that one is a challenge, but what the heck I am just throwing crap against the wall here.

3. Last episode you guys talked about a shelf full of unplayed games, what about taping a live game and using cuts of that when you review the game. I know that is more work, but you only need to pull a couple of clips to bring the review alive. BTW, I don't recall that you guys reviewed the Pegasus add-on to BSG board game.

4. Beer Episode--review your favorite beers and why. But try to avoid the full on drunk episode (episode 2 or 3?), heh.

5. You have rated the best games, but what about best games for value. Go to the under $10 bin (or something) and pick 10 good games for the budget gamer.

All very good stuff and I think it will show up in furture podcasts.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Web: BrewCityGamers.com

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » General Gaming and Video Game Podcasts » Brew City Gamers