Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » General Gaming and Video Game Podcasts » Brew City Gamers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Builder] Edge of the Empire Content and Character Build
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:27 pm 
Youngling

Tags mostly serve the purpose.

In that case, I think it would be good to be able to make the program: "Only display options that have one of (or all of) these specific tags", so people only end up seeing options they can actually take in a given game.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:33 pm 
Sith Apprentice

Darkholme wrote:
Tags mostly serve the purpose.

In that case, I think it would be good to be able to make the program: "Only display options that have one of (or all of) these specific tags", so people only end up seeing options they can actually take in a given game.

I agree, and that has been sitting in the back of my mind for a while now. It is a lot of effort and I have been pounding away at more important features lately, like Attachments and Signature Abilities. But I can look into adding Tag-based filtering to the screens.

My initial thoughts are to show everything, though I would initially sort the lists by the items matching the tags. Everything else would show up below, but possibly in Red. Thoughts?

Star Wars: EotE Content and Character Builder Beta

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:39 pm 
Youngling

That could work as well, so long as the stuff that matches is at the top. But If they selected one of those red/illegal items, I'd want it made obvious when I went to examine their characters.

Small bug I've noticed.

Setting/Genre Filtering. In the character creation screen, if there are races/careers/etc listed in another setting (like "Fantasy") and I have "Fantasy" unchecked in the Setting Filter, they still show up as options in the dropdown boxes. It doesn't seem to work in the "Characters" Pane.

Are there any future plans to allow a client/server version of this in the future? So for instance, the players all connect to a service I'm hosting, build their characters with options contained in my XML-based database, and at the end, I have copies of their characters?

[Edit:] If I go to add a new trait, which grants a new talent (IE Bothans free rank in Convincing Demeanor) Is there a way to actually get a list of the talents available to show up and have it all hooked up, or do I have to just type in the name of the talent, give the description of "Adds 1 rank of Convincing Demeanor." and expect the character to look up what that actually does elsewhere? (And or make a copy of the rules text for the trait)

[Edit 2] Found another bug. In Characters, under Advancements, "Talent" is an option you can choose in the dropdown (even though it's unusual - I was seeing if you could add a Talent whilst ignoring the spec. trees). Anyways. If you select it you get an "Object Reference not set to an Instance of an Object" error.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:40 pm 
Sith Apprentice

Darkholme wrote:
That could work as well, so long as the stuff that matches is at the top. But If they selected one of those red/illegal items, I'd want it made obvious when I went to examine their characters.

Small bug I've noticed.

Setting/Genre Filtering. In the character creation screen, if there are races/careers/etc listed in another setting (like "Fantasy") and I have "Fantasy" unchecked in the Setting Filter, they still show up as options in the dropdown boxes. It doesn't seem to work in the "Characters" Pane.

Are there any future plans to allow a client/server version of this in the future? So for instance, the players all connect to a service I'm hosting, build their characters with options contained in my XML-based database, and at the end, I have copies of their characters?

[Edit:] If I go to add a new trait, which grants a new talent (IE Bothans free rank in Convincing Demeanor) Is there a way to actually get a list of the talents available to show up and have it all hooked up, or do I have to just type in the name of the talent, give the description of "Adds 1 rank of Convincing Demeanor." and expect the character to look up what that actually does elsewhere? (And or make a copy of the rules text for the trait)

[Edit 2] Found another bug. In Characters, under Advancements, "Talent" is an option you can choose in the dropdown (even though it's unusual - I was seeing if you could add a Talent whilst ignoring the spec. trees). Anyways. If you select it you get an "Object Reference not set to an Instance of an Object" error.

That first one isn't so much a bug as a missing feature. I intended to eventually go back and add the filtering, but it seemed like there was always something more important... I'm sure you know how that goes.

As far as client/server goes, no, I do not have any plans for something like that though I was looking into what it would take to link into google drive. That didn't pan out how had initially hoped, though I won't count it completely out.

@Edit1: I'm not sure, having talents there is a relatively new feature. It is possible to have some auto-fill and possibly have the talent's info, but the info is definitely the harder of the two.

@Edit2: Thanks for finding this. I take bugs very seriously, especially when they interrupt program flow. At on point, you could simply add a talent like that (for house rules and such), and I will look into this right away.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:59 pm 
Sith Apprentice

Darkholme wrote:

Well I am trying to recreate this and I made some changes in this area today, so I think I may have fixed this without meaning to. Are you using version 0.1.8.1? If not, try that out. If you are, I'll need a little more info to track this one down.

The current implementation simply doesn't allow you to make changes to a "Talent" advancement. I know that this is not a great implementation and I have found better ways to handle a list like this so I will keep this in mind for the future.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:43 pm 
Youngling

Just wanted to say that so far so good on this application. Thank you very much for your hard work.

I do have a request, tho.

Would it be possible to get another tab or panel where we can place vehicle stats for a group ship or what not?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:06 pm 
Sith Apprentice

Vodswyld wrote:
Just wanted to say that so far so good on this application. Thank you very much for your hard work.

I do have a request, tho.

Would it be possible to get another tab or panel where we can place vehicle stats for a group ship or what not?
Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I have been considering what to do next and some of the guys I play with in my own game also requested a vehicles tab. I think I am leaning that way.

Here is what I have in mind:
A place to create vehicles for their base stats and then either adding PC Vehicles to the Character screen or creating a new PC Vehicle screen so that the vehicles can be modded.

What do you guys think?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:29 pm 
Sith Apprentice

Found a bug that I felt needed fixing...

2014.01.13 v0.1.8.2
    - Fixed a bug when creating a new character and selecting Race/Species before Starting Specialization
    - Added an option to the Character/Attributes/Soak Edit popup to exclude Brawn from Soak calculation

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:44 pm 
Sith Apprentice

Sorry it has been so long, but things have been a bit crazy for me lately.

2014.02.03 v0.1.8.3
    - Fixed a bug that would keep the last toast message from hiding
    - Reorganized the Character Attributes pane

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:38 pm 
Sith Apprentice

New update! Very basic paper doll functionality has been added.

2014.02.20 v0.1.9.0
    - First-pass at creating a paper doll (or equip your character) pane
    - Fixed the display of a number of card and list items in Windows 8
    - Numerous small usability issues addressed

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:34 pm 
Sith Apprentice

Bug fix!

2014.02.24 v0.1.9.1
    - Fixed a bug that would cause the paper doll dropdowns not to refresh when switching characters

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:59 pm 
Sith Apprentice

I fixed one bug and created another... this one is fixed now as well.

2014.02.25 v0.1.9.2
    - Fixed a bug that would cause the paper doll item slot counts to no longer refresh

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:47 pm 
Sith Apprentice

Found another bug thanks to the guys who show up to our weekly public game at the Vault of Midnight.

2014.02.27 v0.1.9.3
    - Fixed a bug that was miscalculating a character’s soak from gear

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:38 pm 
Sith Apprentice

A helpful little update...

2014.02.28 v0.1.9.4
    - Added a new Character Talent Summary pane to give a clearer view of a character’s selected talents

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:46 pm 
Sith Apprentice

I added a few features that were user suggestions at one point or another... Enjoy!

2014.03.12 v0.1.9.5
    - You can now increment a Character’s beginning Characteristics from the popups for each Characteristic in the Character Attributes pane
    - Added a buy option to the gear selection grids in the Character Inventory pane
    - Added Available XP to the Character Attributes pane

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » General Gaming and Video Game Podcasts » Brew City Gamers