Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Order of 66 Boards » Guild Leadership and Vision

Post subject: Breaking News! New Guildmaster
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:19 am 
GM

One of the hardest jobs in the Geek world is being a Guildmaster in a MMORPG, and since the announcement in 2007 of the creation of Star Wars: The Old Republic Fiddleback aka Brian Casey has been one of the driving force behind what has become The Order of 66. Along with GMDave, Fiddleback became the organizer of the d20 radio troops.... master of the forums... and host of two SWTOR podcast. His contributions to the game and this guild over the last 5 years can not be questioned and should in fact be sung loud and proud by the members of The Order of 66 Jazz choir.

FIVE years is a very long time to lead any organization let alone one in realm of a MMOs where its more akin to herding cats or organizing congress than running something fun in a game with friends. It is generally unrewarding and despite your best efforts you can't please everyone, this I know all too well having run my own guilds in other games. Over time the stress and burnout creeps up on the best of us and the smart ones realize its best to take a break, kick back and do something that is truly fun to recharge themselves.

Over the last several weeks Brian has been contemplating this and has decided that now is the best time for him to take that well earned break, recoup, and enjoy some R&R back in Tokyo(reference not fact). As Brian has never been one for flashy dramatics he quietly handed over the reigns of the guild last night to a man he felt had his same interests and passions (for the guild and d20radio) at heart and would be a good successor.

<hand motion waving someone onto stage>

AlphaAnt aka CJ Thrasher here, has been with the guild as an active member for over a year now and his passion for crafting led to a well developed website dedicated to that subject. It also led to his promotion to the Master's Council where amongst other things he expanded the website, and contributed segments to The Holocron 2.0 podcast. For those that don't know him Alpha has always been a level headed guy, quick with a joke, and a dedicated to the guild, the game, and the community. I believe he will make an excellent successor to Fiddleback.

And since I've already yabbered on too long... I just want finish by saying

THANK YOU Fiddleback! Enjoy your time away and I look forward seeing you again in the very near future (though I do follow you on G+ already <wink>)

AND

WELCOME AlphaAnt! aka CJ aka Sheelba aka Issek aka Fafhrd May your leadership inspire those around you to more and better things as Fiddleback did.

Co-host of Geekhead Radio
look me up on Twitter, Google + or Facebook - Clayton Havens

Post subject: Re: Breaking News! New Guildmaster
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:28 am 
Jedi Apprentice

Best of luck to you, Fiddleback! I know leading a rag tag group of players does not make for an easy experience. I hope this is not your final send off for the game and that you return after a well deserved break.

Congratulations, AlphaAnt! I hope you're new duties don't pull you away from discussions we've had on home brewing, Mass Effect and pain in the ass real life moments! See you in game!

Look me up on Google+ -Aaron Burton

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:52 am 
Sith Apprentice

The end of an era. Fiddleback, your efforts will be missed, your efforts along with those of all the officers and generally great atmosphere of the guild has made my experience in this game a better one.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:51 pm 
Geek In Training

Thank you, Fiddleback, for all that you have done for the guild. I hope your leaving wasn't related to the Chiss "stealing" the contents of the guild vault. :wink: None of us figured out your role in that incident.

Congradulations to AlphaAnt for his new role. Good luck, Fiddleback left some good-sized shoes for you to fill.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 pm 
Jedi Master

Fiddleback,

Thank you for running a good guild in a very level headed manner. Your leadership has been really good and I think it got us off to a good start.

AlphaAnt,

Welcome, and my condolences. ;) Good luck with this bunch.

Thanks,
Duncan

Hobbie - Jedi; Hesrat - Trooper; Deridre - Scoundrel
Vice Admiral Dallas of the 66th Fleet, STO
Captain Hetsh, Leader of the Gorn Resistance, STO
Got Gorn?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:02 am 
Darth Plif: Hoopy Frood [Moderator]

Well, as things go there was great fanfare (rightly so) for the passing of the torch back then. But it appears that time has come again, and this time (surprise) the hat(s) have landed in my lap.
As of my last login, it appears I was nominated to assume duties as Guildmaster for BOTH the Order of 66 and the Exiled Lords.

Longevity has its perks I guess.

That said, I personally do not consider either Guild "dead" or on hiatus. While the level of organized activities may be low, the core message of the guilds we began remains the same. Have fun. DBaD. You can play the way you like with like minded people and will NOT be looked down on for playing your own way. We welcome all, PVE, PVP, Raiders, Explorers, RP'ers, Starfighters and Quest-a-holics, and Alt-a-holics.

We are all members of the GamerNation.

THIS is my LIGHT-Stick!, The next one of you Furry Tree-Hugger Yub-Yub Primitives EVEN TOUCHES me
...//FZOOOK!//

Board index » The Order of 66 Boards » Guild Leadership and Vision