I'm not sure how much of this is easily accessible elsewhere, but I thought I would share what helped us go from frequently wiping to pretty smooth running in the Kaon Under Siege Flashpoint. Thanks to my groupmates for bearing with me in my first end-game tanking experience in TOR.
First off, just be aware: Kaon is significantly more difficult than the other Level 50 normal modes. The trash is often tougher to handle than some bosses in earlier FPs.
- Almost every trash pull includes an Elite, unlike other FPs. These guys are a pain. Bring someone who can crowd control organics, or you're going to have a really awful time.
- There are usually too many mobs and too much going on to realistically keep aggro on everything. Once the Elite is CCed, have the tank just focus on holding threat on the Strongs (usually 2-3 per pull) and burn down the Normals fast. If you can't CC, or the Elite breaks CC, get the tank on him immediately.
- A lot of the Strong trash mobs cast an ability called Constrict that stuns you and deals periodic damage until interrupted. If you're on Vent, be sure to call "Constrict on me." If not, then everyone just needs to be really on the ball with interrupts. It's particularly important if the healer gets grappled.
- Another kind of strong mobs (I think they're called Bloated Plague Carriers) will turn green when they get below a certain amount of health. When this happens, use a knockback ability and clear the area, because they will explode and do a lot of damage (I think it was around 3K per burst, even through my tank gear.) It also applies a debuff.
- The Elite Screamers have a really annoying knockback that seems to have a cooldown of only 2 or 3 GCDs. Engage them alone, when the rest of the pull is dead, with your back facing away from any adds. If possible, keep them stun-locked.
- There are some fights that happen in waves. Again, the volume of enemies is way too high to treat it as a normal tanking encounter. Just hit your AoE taunt every time it's off cooldown and spam every AoE you have. If an Elite spawns in one of the waves, be sure to pick it up to the exclusion of all else.
As far as boss strategies, you should be able to find more detailed and complete ones around than I could put together here. We did discover, however, that it's possible to kite the bonus droid boss back to a checkpoint with NPC DPS and healers that make the fight much easier.
Hope that helps! If you go straight from other Flashpoints right into Kaon, the difficulty is a bit of a shock (especially on the trash pulls), so I wanted to help others be more prepared than I was.