Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Order of 66 Boards » SW:TOR Forums » Trading Post

Post subject: Wanted: Item Modifications on the GTN
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:07 am 
Jedi Master

Since the mod market at my level on the GTN is a barren wasteland of not-a-damn-thing (Seriously, on a Saturday night even; 40-44, nothing), I'd like to suggest that anyone capable of making mods in this level range do so and get them up for sale toot-sweet and not stop making them until they A) have more credits than their account can hold or B) Flat run out of materials.

Post subject: Re: Wanted: Item Modifications on the GTN
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:09 am 
Jedi Master

Location: In his usual booth at "The Rim", probably with a drink in hand...
I need to crank my Green Enhancements into Blues, then.

But...DAMN...there are so many of them. I think there are about 30 different Enhancements for level 43.

Co-Host of All Wings Report In, the Official Podcast of the Rebel Legion SW costume club
May the Dice be with you...

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:14 pm 
Sith Apprentice

I generally don't post crafted items on the GTN, because selling the raw materials is more profitable. Most people don't realize that crafted items need to cost more than the components used to make them....and those components can be quite expensive. A mid-40s purple lightsaber hilt can easily cost over 40k in components, if you get your supplies from the GTN.

That said, Karil can now create all the non-endgame Resolve hilts (Advanced Resolve Hilt 2 through 22). Send me an email and I'll take care of it.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:13 pm 
Super Hero in Training

I have two of the lvl 50ish purple tanking enchanment. Ones a defense and ones a absorption the rest of my stuff is green but im able to make just about anything if ya ask :) just make take a little time to turn purple/blues. I just finished the cunning and surge one for the smuglers :)

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:19 am 
Sith Apprentice

A perfect example of why I don't sell crafted items on the GTN happened this morning. I decided to try my luck, and looked at all the listed purple Resolve and Might hilts for levels 41 to 49. The lowest was selling at close to 30k, so I started crafting an Advanced Resolve Hilt 20 intending to sell at that price. When I went on the GTN to list it, I found that someone had just listed the exact same item for under 12k. For reference, the item requires the following components:

Zeyd-cloth x4 (vendor price 250 credits each)
Alien Artifact Fragment x4 (cost negligible, GTN was selling these for 90 credits each)
Damind Crystal x4 (lowest GTN price is around 1100 credits each)
Nova Crystal x4 (typically sells on the GTN for around 7000 credits each, best deal I could find over several days worked out to 4250 credits each, and supply was limited)

So, just the cost of components adds up to around 23000 credits in a best-case scenario. Why on earth would I subject myself to a market where people are undercutting component costs on the GTN by 50%? I could list the raw components at a discount and still make more (or, in this case, lose less) than I would with the item.

Because of this, I only list components. My crafting is reserved for guild members (including allied guilds) and specific orders, because there is zero incentive to do otherwise.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:03 pm 
Jedi Knight

This is one of the problems of how easy the crafting system is in this game, all the common folk have gotten in as opposed to the mathematics required to succeed in say Star Wars Galaxies.

As the game matures I think its possible that fewer people will want to dabble in crafting and then things will balance out, but for now everyone is having a go including the not so smart.

Board index » The Order of 66 Boards » SW:TOR Forums » Trading Post