Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » d20 Radio General Forums » Forum Posting Guidelines

Post subject: Forum Posting Guidelines (the FPG)
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:09 am 
GM

Greetings, GamerNation.

It's sad times where we even have to put guidelines such as these up - but we figure it's best to nip any problem in the bud before it ever takes root. This community is the best I've ever been a part of online. I've yet to see this place degenerate into truly poor behavior - but anything could happen. :wink: As such, there are a few things we do not wish discussed in any form on these boards:

1. The Big Three
Politics, Sexuality, and Religion. Nothing here, or in a galaxy far, far away, will more quickly get anyone more personally commited, resolutely defensive, or completely polarized than these three things. We're all intelligent people capable of discussing these three things rationally - but not here. This is a forum created by d20 Radio for the discussion of their podcasts. It's also a place to be a part of an amazing global community. As such, it's tempting to get to know your friends here by learning about their views on The Big Three. This is what email is for, or a PM, if you must. Please keep it off the boards. There are plenty of public boards devoted to each one of The Big Three, or all of them. This isn't one of those boards.

2. Vulgarity
We're a network with many "mature" podcasts. We use big adult words and naughty language - along with adult references. But we like to think we do not (and never will) cross the line into being "vulgar." We expect the same from this community. Posts or images of a graphic or sexual nature are prohibited. As for language... there's no filter on the boards. Just be nice, please. :D We try to keep our language civil whenever possible, so please do the same. We're not going to flip out and ban you for using a "bad" word (though you might find it edited), but we're going to take issue to you dropping the F-Bomb in every post. Sorry. Yeah... we suck like that. (See!)

3. Abuse
Abuse in any form or fashion will not be tolerated! No kidding. No joke. Any form of verbal threat or harrassment will result in an immediate lock of your account here, followed by (most likely) an immediate IP Address ban. Bye. We also have a zero tolerance policy for trolling, baiting, or flaming. It tends to happen in forums - but we do not want to see it here. Our moderators (and the GMs) have the full authority (and encouragement) to lock threads, edit posts, and do other nasty things for those determined to be wankers. And then you get the "stern PM" from a mod or GM - and who wants that? I sure don't. So just don't do it, okay? Okay. :wink:

4. Spamming
Yeah, NO. Any spamming of these forums in any fashion at all will result in an immediate account termination and IP Address ban. Forever. :D

5. File Sharing and PDFs
We're fans. Fans who enjoy these games and have a great respect for their creators and designers - and the companies they work for. As such, we would NEVER condone the theft of their intellectual property by allowing our forums to be used as a source of information on how to obtain illegal files, or copies of these purchasable games. If you have a PDF of a purchasable item that wasn't sanctioned, or that you haven't paid for - it is illegal - and it is theft. No different from walking into the store and shoving the book under your shirt. Having said that - maybe your PDF is legal (maybe it isn't). We don't really care. The last thing any of us want is a legal smack upside 'da head from a publisher - or a lawsuit when that publisher decides that now is the time to make an example.

Recently, questions have come up as to d20radio's stance on using the forums to share FREE material. As long as the material was never available for purchase, and was intended to be shared at will, we will allow this. But talking about ways to receive or share purchasable material illegally simply will not be tolerated.

Additionally, podcasts hosted here are not affiliated with d20Radio or with one another. Each podcast is responsible for the actions of their hosts and for the content they choose to broadcast.

If you have any questions or concerns about the FPG, please email or PM myself, or one of the moderators - or even post it here, if you're so bold. And I hope you are.

Thank you for reading, guys (and gals). Let's make this community a strong one!

Peace, Love, and Good Gaming
GM Chris

Post subject: Re: Forum Posting Guidelines (the FPG)
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:28 am 
GM

I've been meaning to post here for a few months - because I look at the number of "views" of this thread - and the number of registered forum members we have - LOL - and it's clear that only half of you have read this. :lol:

Maybe a "new post" light up will be the catalyst.

Read the FPG! Love the FPG! Live the FPG!!

Thanks, guys.

Peace, Love, and Good Gaming!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:18 pm 
n00b

Thank you for guiding us about posting on this forum...! I shall keep this information in my mind...!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:07 am 
Super Hero in Training

Hello.

I need to crawl up into places where no sun will ever shine, unless an explody-thing happens to turn things inside-out ... (I hope this is not too explicite ... :lol: )

I don't remember having read forum-rules as likeable as yours ever, because they are not standardized. And I like them, because they are cool, well done, in a language recognizable by anyone willing to read and understand without too much effort to put into reading and understanding. That's just awesome. Rules down to Earth, basic, well-spirited, etc.

I bet the d20radio-forum is at least as fine as a few other forums I visit on a very regular basis. And as of now and from what I have read so far I would have trouble believing anything else.

So, I am looking forward to seeing some nice postings and discussions from now on ...

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Cpt. Future's Holocron for the Star Wars rpg by FFG on the Order 66 Forum

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:18 pm 
Princess of Alderaan [Lead Moderator]

Reminder: If you have a problem with another poster, please inform the Moderators by PM. Don't try to deal with it yourself--especially not in the public forums.

Henceforth, when I post in purple, I am posting as Lead Mod.

Board index » d20 Radio General Forums » Forum Posting Guidelines