Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Role Playing Game Discussion » SWSE Boards » Star Wars Saga Edition

Post subject: Fluid Riposte/Djem So combo
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:38 pm 
n00b

I am a new player of this awesome game and have enjoyed the numerous sessions I've had with my friends. We are approaching level 8, and I was debating my future build. I was thinking of getting Djem So as my first form if I can combo the attack reaction with the Fluid riposte attack.
If you do not remember what the power is, then I shall state its effect for convenience.

You smoothly turn aside an opponent's melee attack, stepping in to deliver your own attack. Time: Reaction (when an adjacent opponent makes a melee attack against you). Targets: You plus one enemy within your reach.
Make a Use the Force check. Compare the result of your Use the Force check against the attack roll of the incoming attack. If your Use the Force check equals or exceeds the incoming attack roll, the attack deals half damage on a hit. You can then immediately move to any other square adjacent to your attacker and make a single melee attack with a lightsaber against it. This movement does not provoke attacks of
opportunity. Lightsaber Form (Djem So): If you have the Djem So talent, after successfully activating this power you gain one temporary Force Point which can only be used to activate the Djem So talent. If this temporary Force Point is not used before the end of the encounter, it is lost.

So if the force power is a reaction to the attack, could you also use a reaction (Djem So talent) for the damage you take during the riposte? If I could plausibly do such a combo, then this would be huge for dueling. If this combo is not valid, then no big deal. I will probably take Soresu (which is an awesome form.)

Thank you to anyone who helps answer this question of mine.

Post subject: Re: Fluid Riposte/Djem So combo
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:25 pm 
Jedi Apprentice

Have answered this elsewhere but you generally only get ONE reaction to a trigger and all parts of an attack are considered a single trigger.

The combo may not let you immediately use Djem So but Fluid Riposte does give you the FP you'll need to activate the talent later without eating into your level based pool.

Board index » Role Playing Game Discussion » SWSE Boards » Star Wars Saga Edition