Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Role Playing Game Discussion » SWSE Boards » Star Wars Saga Edition

Post subject: Vital Transfer Questions
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:12 am 
Jedi Apprentice

Hey all - long time no post.
A few Vital Transfer Questions for you as I prep my next Saga Session -

1. When using the DP feature of Vital Transfer and healing a target to full, do you still take half the HP damage? My current read on the rules as written for this would be Yes, unless you also spent a Force Point on the same action.

2. When you take damage from using Vital Transfer (if not using a FP to negate the damage to self), and if that hp amount lost exceeds your threshold, would you take a step down the condition track? My current take on this is No, because the Damage Threshold section of the rules specifies that you move down the track when your Threshold is exceeded by damage from an, "attack." However...

3. If you think #2 would be Yes, would the damage (hp loss) for using the Multitarget secret with Vital Transfer be a cumulative amount for a single drain on your condition track, or would it apply separately per target? My take here is it would be grouped as you drain yourself once to split the hp across multiple targets.

Post subject: Re: Vital Transfer Questions
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:31 pm 
Jedi Apprentice

1. Spending a DP with Vital Transfer moves the target +5 steps up the CT. It does NOT provide additional healing and you would still take half damage unless you spend the FP to prevent it.

2. I see no reason why it could not push you down the CT. Note that you're only taking half of the healed damage which means at most you take 2x target's level. When your DT = FORT Defense and FORT Defense = 10 + heroic level + other stuff you're going to need to be transferring the vitality from someone a lot higher higher level that you are before this becomes a big issue. You do NOT need to heal the full amount the die roll would indicate if this could be a problem.

3. I guess it is still all one transfer so you'd get "hit" by the total transfer all at one time. I can also see the argument where each target is treated individually allowing for the possibility of multiple steps but I'd treat it as one. Trying to heal multiple people at one time should be taxing.

Board index » Role Playing Game Discussion » SWSE Boards » Star Wars Saga Edition