Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » Tabletop RPG Podcasts » Wonders of Thedas Podcast

Post subject: Submit to the Codex and/or Dissonant Verses!
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:44 pm 
Super Hero in Training

"Image
"We carry items crafted by the Circle, as well as a variety of antiquities. Is there anything you'd like to see?"

We are a podcast dedicated to celebrating and enhancing the Dragon Age RPG, and we can only do so much! A lot of what we do comes from you, the listeners!

We've already featured more than a dozen fan creations and twice as many listener questions on our podcast, and we always love to share more!

You can follow the links in my signature and submit your questions/content there, or you can feel free to submit them through this thread! Let us know how much you love this game!

Thanks for listening, Thedosians!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share, or anything else, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Google+accounts, or you can message me here!

Post subject: Re: Submit to the Codex and/or Dissonant Verses!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:20 am 
d20 Radio Sponsor

I have a question that I don't remember being asked before (though I could be wrong): Would it be wise to change some mechanics of the game, and if I wanted to do it anyway, what would be the best way without "unbalancing" the game? For example; I want to alter the penetrating mechanic related to armor. Rather than penetrating bypassing all armor, it instead becomes a property of certain weapons that bypasses the mail armors. Other weapons would gain similar properties such as bludgeoning, cutting, and chopping. Each kind of armor would be resistant to one or more kinds of damage, while being bypassed by others. I would rename the original penetrating mechanic to something else. All of this is to further ground the game with some realism rather than abstraction. Yes it makes it more complicated, but it could also make certain weapons and armors more useful and diverse. Players can be more strategic, as well as the GM. You might have to alter the Pierce Armor stunt, but it shouldn't be to big of a deal. So what do you think? Is something like this feasible? What about altering mechanics in a general sense? Thanks for your time!

Post subject: Re: Submit to the Codex and/or Dissonant Verses!
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:05 pm 
Super Hero in Training

isdestroyer wrote:
I have a question that I don't remember being asked before (though I could be wrong): Would it be wise to change some mechanics of the game, and if I wanted to do it anyway, what would be the best way without "unbalancing" the game? For example; I want to alter the penetrating mechanic related to armor. Rather than penetrating bypassing all armor, it instead becomes a property of certain weapons that bypasses the mail armors. Other weapons would gain similar properties such as bludgeoning, cutting, and chopping. Each kind of armor would be resistant to one or more kinds of damage, while being bypassed by others. I would rename the original penetrating mechanic to something else. All of this is to further ground the game with some realism rather than abstraction. Yes it makes it more complicated, but it could also make certain weapons and armors more useful and diverse. Players can be more strategic, as well as the GM. You might have to alter the Pierce Armor stunt, but it shouldn't be to big of a deal. So what do you think? Is something like this feasible? What about altering mechanics in a general sense? Thanks for your time!

We'll get you an answer Thanksgiving day!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share, or anything else, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Google+accounts, or you can message me here!

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » Tabletop RPG Podcasts » Wonders of Thedas Podcast