Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Role Playing Game Discussion » Star Wars RPG by FFG » Homebrew

Post subject: Edge of the Frontier - A free Wild West RPG using FFG SW
 Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:15 am 
n00b

Ok, so I know my first post on the boards shouldn't be just blind promotion of my own stuff, but what started as a hack for my SW home game quickly spiraled out of control, so I just published Edge of the Frontier for free. It's ~80 pages, has full character building options, new rules, new adversaries, etc. It's easy to read, has tons of art, and is fully bookmarked. You'll need the FFG books for system mechanic details (most of the references are to EotE, but any book is fine), and other than that this has all you need to play a classic spaghetti western. Feedback very appreciated!

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/210290/edge-of-the-frontier

The summary:

- 6 Careers, 19 Specializations (including Gunslinger, Bandito, Lawman, Barkeep, Wrangler, Prospector, Doc, and Conman)

- 7 Cultures (rather than species, since everyone is human, whatever your culture is determines your starting scores and abilities rather than race or ethnicity or anything. So choose from things like City Slicker, a Farm,Overseas, etc.)

- New Skills (covering weapons, animal handling, and a few other genre specific things, since odds are astrogation and pilot - space don't really come up )

- Customized Character Sheet (it's very pretty)

- Full list of Adversaries for GMs (From Outlaws to Corporate Train Barons to the US Cavalry to Native Americans)

- Rules for fighting from horseback, or for having a showdown with someone at high noon!

Ok, that's enough silly shilling on my part. Download it (again, free!) and take a look! Then send me feedback and tell me how much you love me.

Board index » Role Playing Game Discussion » Star Wars RPG by FFG » Homebrew