Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Role Playing Game Discussion » Star Wars RPG by FFG » Homebrew

Post subject: Creature feature
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:57 pm 
Super Hero in Training

Hi guys,

It's been a while, huh? Anyways, I'm that guy that did that thing regarding creatures (unofficial bestiary) a while back, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01fjdCZKfnnTVBteUJITVlnbGc/view?usp=sharingand I'm looking to finish what I started. So, I'm looking to round up some strange looking funny sounding creatures you have stats for (or want stats for)

Another plea: I need help with regarding how to stat space worthy, battling space creatures, similar to space worm in size, or less but definitely big. They will more than likely have hull thresholds. I'll also need help with At-At sized big ugly's as well.

The final puzzle piece: I'm making a build your own beast in the back... I need help with how to make a table for said beast, My idea is that I will be using difficulty dice, and depending on the number of threats (players can augment this with their own skills, what not) will be sort of combination of quantity, stats, and creature appearance and skills to go with it.

Post subject: Re: Creature feature
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:54 pm 
Jedi Apprentice

I'd use the Fambaa from Stay on Target as an example of a creature that starts to bleed into vehicle territory. Use the mount-as-vehicle rules to get its planetary-scale stats, and otherwise it's fairly hand-wavey. For Sil 3-4, I'd give them +5 to +9 soak, but when they transition into capital ship sizes, they should start picking up Armor instead. Not a LOT of it unless you're talking about some kind of living asteroid, but 2-5 points make sense. Think about what kind of weapons it should be able to repel without hitting a weak point (i.e. rolling multiple successes.)

Its natural weapons should be universally Close range, and physical attacks like bites should probably have modest damage with breach and slow-firing. The skills used to attack may be more variable than usual, too -- you may have very different pools for a Fambaa trying to rip an AT-AT's leg off (Brawn) vs. trying to snap an airspeeder out of the air (Agility).

Board index » Role Playing Game Discussion » Star Wars RPG by FFG » Homebrew