Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » Tabletop RPG Podcasts » The Order 66 Podcast - FFG Edition

Post subject: Questions for the Devs - No Disintegrations
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:15 am 
Jedi Master

Location: In his usual booth at "The Rim", probably with a drink in hand...
The Order 66 Podcast is excited to be welcoming Lead Developer Max Brook back to the show to discuss the release of what is possibly the most anticipated FFG sourcebook; No Disintegrations - A Career Book for Bounty Hunters!

As we have done before, the Order 66 Podcast is collecting questions from you, the listeners, for any queries you have about the book. Got a production question? A rules dispute about a talent? A piece of gear that doesn't make sense? Looking for insight on the Bounty Hunter's Signature Abilities, or want to ask about something in the Investigation section of the book?

We'll take questions until Wednesday night, April 5th. The show will be on April 9th at 8pm Central, and we'd love to have you join us in our chatroom, Echo Base, for the show!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/d20radio

As usual, we are only taking and fielding questions about this book, No Disintegrations. We won't really have time to ask about any questions relating to other books, and of course MAx can't answer questions about products that have not been announced yet.

Finally, please limit replies in this thread to questions for the Devs only. If you would like to discuss something brought up in this thread, please start a new thread elsewhere and discuss the matter there.

Thanks for your time and your questions!

Co-Host of All Wings Report In, the Official Podcast of the Rebel Legion SW costume club
May the Dice be with you...

Post subject: Re: Questions for the Devs - No Disintegrations
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:08 pm 
Youngling

I already posted a few questions on the FB page, but I figured I'd go a bit more in depth here.

#1: The Martial Artist: This seems to be an excellent spec, but when delved deeper, it seems that it can be even more valuable to almost any character looking to develop some self defense and "limited" combat potential. In addition, even melee type characters, including Force wielders, could benefit from this spec. Has any on the team thought that this could be too good for a secondary/tertiary specialization?

#2: What was the thought process on the "pick your own hand to hand combat critical" chain?

Doubtful questions:

#1: With the coming of the Martial Artist Spec, has there been requests for additional, specific types of Star Wars martial arts such as the Echani and Teras Kasi forms?

I'll add additional questions later.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:34 pm 
n00b

I have a few questions.

1. To the best of my knowledge, Kallerans are the newest species to ever be introduced in an FFG sourcebook. What made them stand out and earn their place in this book?

2. Micro-rockets and the micro-rocket launcher pistol are not restricted, but micro-rocket attachments to armor and weapons are. What were the design and balance goals behind this?

3. The gravity mine in this book shares its name with a very different land-based anti-vehicle weapon in Stay on Target. Was this an oversight, or just a sneaky way to get players to accidentally buy the wrong replacement ammo if they roll a despair?

4. Speaking of mines, I noticed that the sonic mine (aka the seismic charge) used by the Slave I in Episode II was not one of the mine options included in the book. Was it because that awesome sound effect made it too unbalanced? If so, I understand completely.

5. If you had to guess, what would you say is Boba Fett's favorite kind of pie?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:25 am 
Youngling

A couple questions:

The Clawdite species is great to finally see and I assumed it was going to be out in the Bounty Hunter book, it makes sense. Can you talk to me about the design of the Changling ability and the mechanics that you included? It seems you did a great job of not making it so much more powerful than the other species abilities. I was thinking it would be possibly overpowered but the mechanics included have not made it over powered. Can you talk about the internal discussions about the power and mechanics?

Mines:

I was excited to see that we finally get all the mines we see in X-Wing Miniatures in the game. Can you talk about the inclusion of them in this particular book? Fly Casual and Stay on Target did not include them, and other books did not really touch on mines with a couple exceptions. Obviously in Episode II we saw the only time we've seen Bounty Hunters use mines so having them in the book makes total sense. Just curious as to the wait as my group has browsed the previous released books prior for them before.

Many thanks! Amazing work as always!

GM Scott

Last edited by Scotter23 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:55 pm 
Princess of Alderaan [Lead Moderator]

The devs likely can't tell us anything about "Internal discussions," which are probably covered by their non-disclosure agreements. (I know my playtest NDAs covered things like that.)

Scotter23 wrote:
A couple questions:

The Clawdite species is great to finally see and I assumed it was going to be out in the Bounty Hunter book, it makes sense. Can you talk to me about the design of the Changling ability and the mechanics that you included? It seems you did a great job of not making it so much more powerful than the other species abilities. I was thinking it would be possibly overpowered but the mechanics included have not made it over powered. Can you talk about the internal discussions about the power and mechanics?

Mines:

I was excited to see that we finally get all the mines we see in X-Wing Miniatures in the game. Can you talk about the inclusion of them in this particular book? Fly Casual and Stay on Target did not include them, and other books did not really touch on mines with a couple exceptions. Obviously in Episode II we saw the only time we've seen Bounty Hunters use mines so having them in the book makes total sense. What were the internal discussions that made it something you wanted to wait until this book?

GM Scott

Henceforth, when I post in purple, I am posting as Lead Mod.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:43 pm 
Youngling

ZRissa wrote:
The devs likely can't tell us anything about "Internal discussions," which are probably covered by their non-disclosure agreements. (I know my playtest NDAs covered things like that.)

Scotter23 wrote:
A couple questions:

Mines:

I was excited to see that we finally get all the mines we see in X-Wing Miniatures in the game. Can you talk about the inclusion of them in this particular book? Fly Casual and Stay on Target did not include them, and other books did not really touch on mines with a couple exceptions. Obviously in Episode II we saw the only time we've seen Bounty Hunters use mines so having them in the book makes total sense. What were the internal discussions that made it something you wanted to wait until this book?

GM Scott

That was not my intent... just to discuss its place in the book and that... I know they do not release previous or future plans. The "internal discussion" I referred to was simply when the devs say things like, "Well we wanted to...." or "Well we considered this but did that...". That's in every interview nearly and all I intended. However, I'll rephrase it. Apologies.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:41 am 
Super Hero in Training

the iron fist? talent, (not sure on the name no book handy) where you decrease the threat on an unarmed brawl check, does it work with the claws racial ability. basically are you "armed" when you wield claws?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:14 pm 
Sith Lord

constructacon1 wrote:
the iron fist? talent, (not sure on the name no book handy) where you decrease the threat on an unarmed brawl check, does it work with the claws racial ability. basically are you "armed" when you wield claws?

I think the one you're thinking of is the one that reduces the cost of unarmed crits.

But yeah, sure -- more generally, for any talents that apply when you make a brawl check and are not using any weapons, can you combine them with claws (or similar abilities)?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:12 am 
Gamer

I always want to hear about the art. Any interesting stories behind it? What picture is their favorite?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:08 am 
Youngling

Back again after talking with my gaming group. Here's one of comments by a player:

"It seems like the Bounty Hunter is becoming a better Jack of All Trades career. In fact, it seems like the Operator is a better pilot than the Smuggler."

My big question: Is that a fair assessment?

The Micro-Rocket Launcher Pistol (MRLP):

The MRLP gives off the feel it was inspired by modern weaponry. Is that a fair observation?

With the introduction of the MRLP and the under barrel MRL, was there any thought about stating a rifle sized variant?

Table 2-2 doesn't have the specials for the MRLP, which at minimum should be the Limited Ammo 3. In addition, the lack of a hard point for the weapons feels like an omission. Was that intentional or an oversight? Were there other rules/qualities that the pistol would have?

Micro-Rockets

With the five already presented, it occurred to me that one other variant is missing: a gas dispenser variant. Was that ever discussed?

That's it for now. I might have a few more on Thursday (last day of my campaign) after I talk to the guys.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:56 pm 
Jedi Master

Location: In his usual booth at "The Rim", probably with a drink in hand...
Last day (pretty much) to get your questions in!

Co-Host of All Wings Report In, the Official Podcast of the Rebel Legion SW costume club
May the Dice be with you...

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:52 pm 
n00b

While obviously you can't speak as to later projects and books, the general opinion is that we won't be getting multiple books for careers, or books for new careers within line. With that assumption how does it feel for you and the rest of the office to essentially have finished a chapter in Edge of Empire by putting out what is presumably the last career book?

Unless I am mistaken the Operator is the first specialization to get *offensive* driving as a talent, while many have the defensive driving talent. What process did the staff come to to put in this new talent, and how does the philosophy of the Operator differ with other pilot specs to necessitate this talent?

Unmatched Devastation is perhaps the most aptly named signature ability I've seen, with a couple destiny points turning a bountry hunter into a one round murder anything machine. Were there any fun stories that arised from playtesting it? Does it not have the typical Destiny Point reduction talent because it's that good?

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » Tabletop RPG Podcasts » The Order 66 Podcast - FFG Edition