Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Role Playing Game Discussion » Star Wars RPG by FFG » Adventures

Post subject: Cpt. Future's Adventure Hooks, Concepts, and Brain-farts
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:07 pm 
Super Hero in Training

Hello, everyone.

> > > > ALERT < < < < > > > > ALERT < < < < > > > > ALERT < < < <

Currently life keeps me very busy. So I am sorry for the major delays on my articles in this thread. I am sorry. Promissed: I will get back more often again, when I have some more time to spare. Currently this is not possible. I am sorry.

> > > > ALERT < < < < > > > > ALERT < < < < > > > > ALERT < < < <

I decided to change this topic - title- and content-wise, because ...

... I wish to put a lot more effort into creativity on all thingsszzZZ Adventures for SW-EotE (for now). So, what does this mean?

This thread is supposed to be "my" li'l sandbox (or holocron in terms of SW), in which I put stuff you and anyone else may use for his or her adventures - like plot-ideas, adventure-hooks, special scenes, special characters ... I humbly ask you to comment on the ideas you will find here. In order to keep things "simple" and clearly represented, I will link each "article" in this posting; this allows you to jump right into the topic you wish to read, which in return means that you don't have to dig through all the discussions or other topics first.

The huge benefit of this is that I won't spam this forum with more and more threads; instead things will be stuck in one place. Sweet.

Disclaimer

Since I haven't read any official Star Wars RPG Adventure published in any one iteration of Star Wars as an RPG in my life, I have good conscience telling you that everything I do here is based on my own psychotic thoughts; any parallels with official products or with ideas provided by other fans in other parts of the interwebsszzZZ is totally accidental and thus unintentional on my side.
Disclaimer ends ...

Ok, enjoy reading, using ideas, and discussing things.

List of articles

Adventures

NPCs

Adventure Hooks

Locations

[/list][/list]

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Cpt. Future's Holocron for the Star Wars rpg by FFG on the Order 66 Forum

Last edited by Cpt.Future on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:54 am, edited 34 times in total.

Post subject: Some Troublesome unique item X
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:39 am 
Super Hero in Training

Some Troublesome Unique Item X ...

Catch-Phrase

During their attempt to steal some items some other burglars interfere with them, and security starts to appear on every corner. No one is happy about what has happened - and the Gamers need to release some pressure by chasing the other groub of burglars ...

Part 1 - The Prelude

This is kind of the story before things get real; consider it the "background" upon which the players will get involved no sooner than what is described in Part 2 - well at the very end of this section... So Part 1 is important for the GM to understand things.

a) The Exhibitor

The Exhibitor is a filthy-rich guy who likes to show his wealth to everyone. And currently he prepares a new exhibition with all kinds of various strange stuff found in many parts of the universe. In about two days time the exhibition will start with a huge party with plenty of elite guests being invited. And right now the last items for the exhibition are being delivered - especially two items of the category "A" (relics, art, old machines, weapons, shrinkheads, whatever you may think of ...)

b) The Nemesis

The Nemesis is the real enemy on this show, who stays in the background all or at least most of the time depending on what you as a GM or adventure-author will make of it. He is frantically trying to get hold of a specific, unique, and mysterious item "X" which - as it happens to be the case - is one of the handful of items from the category "A" items which are meant to be exhibited. The Exhibitor has no understanding about the mysteries behind this item, but is fully aware of its market-value, which makes him perform exceptional well to protect it. The Nemesis does not care about the Exhibitor and maybe does not even know a lot about him; but he knows that the unique item "X" will be part of the exhibition. So he asks his middleman-agent to hire a group of burglars to get into the house/ museum/ place of the Exhibitor and steal the item before the exhibition begins. He wants this to happen before the exhibition starts, because (1) the security measures won't be as tight as during the exhibition and especially (2) he does not want to run the risk that some unknown other guy could buy the unique item "X". His middleman-agent addresses a local crime-lord on the planet/ station/ asteroid/ moon where or near the place where the exhibition's gonna take place; and the burglary is arranged.

c) The Obligee

The Obligee is someone who is in a constant competition with the Exhibitor. They both are rivals in trading with unique items of art, science, and mysteries. And they leave out no opportunity to make the other one's life a misery as much as possible. And naturally the Obligee knows about the exhibition planned. He also knows that rumors create a lot of turmoil about the special items of the category "A", which has created a lot of curiosity and desire. And he knows that the last few items of this category "A" will be delivered just two days ahead of the exhibition. And he wants nearly nothing as bad as to put a lot of shame on the Exhibitor.
So he considers his debtors or obligors (or something), which are the player characters. So he invites them to an informal meeting in which he allows them to get a perfect chance to reduce or maybe even cancel the obligation they have with him.

So here is what he asks them to do: In two days time there will be this exhibition. I know that the last items were delivered today. Go there, break in, and get ALL four items of the category "A"; less than that is not acceptable. This must happen before the exhibition gets public, 'cause then the security measures you will hardly pass. And as usual: don't leave any clues leading to me, because you don't want to mess with me and others ..."

2. Complications

a) The gamers will travel to the place. They have only little time to spend on this mission. They have no time to do research the items or anything about the Exhibitor or his location. They have barely enough information about the security of the place, how it is set up, and when to strike best; it is the information they got from their Obligee - and he wouldn't want to put the gamers into any avoidable risk, would he?
And this is what they do: they break in - maybe the adventure should start right here, when they have just entered the museum/ palace/ villa/ place/ dungeon/ whatever, 'cause then the gamers are in medias res and don't need to waste time on things not really required to get into the story ...

They search the place and finally get to the room with the category "A" items. And as soon as they open the door, the alarm goes off! No matter what. And the reason for this is simple: Just minutes before the gamers reach the room, the opposing burglars have entered it and tried to get hold of the unique item "X" from category "A". And when they have got hold of it, they have triggered the alarm. Too bad ... They already run away from the place - with the unique item "X" grabbed -, security droids/ guards/ measures spring into action aiming at the burglars AND the gamers, and unbelieving player character just see the burglars fleeing through another door, which is out of reach for the gamers. A first fight occurs; the other burglars get barely away; and all the security cameras in the location have nice pictures from the burglars as well as from the gamers. The gamers need to get out of the location. They don't have time to steal any other item. And they should get away, in order to make the adventure go on.

b) And this is where things get complicated:

aa) The Exhibitor believes that the gamers are one part of the crew, which has stolen the especially unique item "X" - like a back-up team. And so he hires bounty-hunters to chase the burglars on the one hand and the gamers on the other.

bb) The Obligee won't be amused to learn from the gamers that they failed to fulfill his deeds. Having arranged his own burglary has cost him a lot of credits, and he wants it back from the gamers or (!) from the one responsible for this bad situation.

cc) Finally the burglars know that they have been spotted by the other group, the gamers. So they and/ or their crime-lord will do anything to silence the gamers.

c) In other words;

aa) If by any chance the gamers were captured during their burglary-attempt, the Exhibitor will give them a chance to "get" free again by telling them to chase the other group of burglars and getting back the item. While briefing them, he would modify the gamers' ship with tracking devices and hire a hired-gun or bounty-hunter to keep an eye on the gamers - just in case they come up with weird ideas like fleeing or getting help or something ... Otherwise bb):

bb) The gamers have to fend off the Exhibitor's bounty-hunters or convince them that they are chasing the wrong guys, because after all the only thing the gamers have done was to break into the place without having taken away anything, right? But would any bounty-hunter believe such a story? And if he believes them or brings them in front of the Exhibitor, aa) might occur - see the paragraph just above this one.

cc) The gamers will want to at least stop their obligations rise; so they will do anything to get hold of the burglar-group - at least to throw them in front of the Obligee and show him the reason why everything went bad. If the gamers don't come up with own ideas, they will receive message from their Obligee (most likely a messenger of the one or the other kind) to take care of things.

dd) Either the gamers will hunt down the burglars in order to get hold of unique item "X" at least (and thus ask for reactions from the Nemesis), or they will be hunted down by the burglars or hired guns which will try anything to kill the gamers; this then will give them a hunch where to look after the burglars and maybe even the Nemesis.

ee) Maybe: Now here is the thing. If the gamers find the burglars and the unique item "X", this may take place when the burglars try to give it to the middleman-agent the Nemesis has asked to perform the exchange credits vs. unique item "X".
And if the burglars can be stopped, but the middleman-agent can get away, the gamers then might try to get hold of him as well ...

3. End of this adventure

This adventure can end in different ways. Like for example ...

a) It is supposed to end the way that the gamers have gotten hold of unique item "X" in order to give it to their Obligee. This won't lead to cancelling out the obligations with him, but at least the Obligee will be pleased enough to reduce it a bit and not to be angry about the fail-attempts of the gamers.
But this also means that (1) the Nemesis will be very, very mad, (2) the Exhibitor will be very, very mad, and finally (3) the crime-lord will be - guess what?, right: very, very mad. So there is a lot of potential for follow-up adventures, right? (That is how I like adventures to end ...)

b) If things don't work out so well, the unique item "X" will be handed to the middleman-agent, who will do anything to hand it over to the Nemesis. And if he does so or is not stopped from doing so, this arm of the story-tree will be done, won't it? No, it won't. Because (1) the Nemesis has a huge interest for getting rid of any witness; so if he learns about the gamers, he will ask his middleman-agent to hire hired-guns to take care of the gamers; (2) the Exhibitor won't be pleased about the gamers; (3) the crime-lord might be not so happy that his burglars were seen by the gamers; (4) most of all the Obligee will be very unhappy and raise the obligation or punish the gamers in another way. Again: all of this means that you have plenty of opprtunity for follow-up stories, right? Right.

4. Final words

You have some motivations from the involved non-player-characters; you have a couple of very different opponents and figures involved; this adventure screams "action"; and although the "plot" or "story" as such is kind of "simple" and straight-forward without you running the risk of leading the story into dead-ends, I think it has the potential for allowing some funny and exciting SW-EotE moments. If you like you can toss in some Rebellion and/ or Empire and/or Force/Sith/Jedi elements to give it a much more Star Wars feeling; and the unique item "X" allows you to do so easily. Maybe the Nemesis is kind of a high honored officer of the Imperial forces or an agent of the local Inquisitor; maybe the Obligee is a masked agent from the Rebellion or the child of a former Jedi who not only has interests to put the Exhibitor into shame, but also to secure an important Force-artifact or something ... You get the idea ...

As you see I have not put on any more specific information about the locations, planets, groups, items, personalities, birthday parties, flower-sellers and stuff, which makes all of this highly versatile and especially functional for almost any local action. And I also think this story might work as well for beginner characters as for very experienced characters, because the opponents and minions can be adjusted accordingly.

What are your thoughts on this one? Do you like it? If yes or no, why or why not? What would you add or change?

Or do you have a completely different story idea? If so, go ahead ...

And if you happen to play this adventure, then go ahead and post a session-report! I'd love to know how gamers and GMs liked it ...

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Last edited by Cpt.Future on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Cpt. Future's Adventure Hooks, Concepts, and Brain-farts
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:44 am 
Super Hero in Training

Captain B1N-4RY

Captain B1N-4RY, or Captain "Bin" as he is called by his crew, is an Android. Yes, your eyes don't deceive you.

Who doesn't know all the mechanical slaves dedicated to simple tasks like sorting rubbish or defending riches,helpless protocoll-droids, or crazyly tweeping and twerping R2-units ...

Last night I lay in my bed and I told to myself: "Wouldn't it be kind of sweet to have a vicious Android as an NPC who commands his own ship with his own crew? ..." Then I fell asleep, and in the morning I chewed on this idea a little more ...

Cpt. Bin is different from what you'd expect from Androids. Back in the days where Androids had more personalities and a certain meaning, he was developed to become a master in piloting ships and keeping command of substations in bigger spaceships. But when Androids have been banished to become worth- and meaningless tools for any other species, he was able to achieve his captain-hood with a group of misfits and maniacs, who have become his crew.

Ever since his crew has taken care to enhance his technical portfolio and to give him "room" to create a certain 'personality'. And since he thinks in kind of a binary way - hence his name -, he has proven to be a worthy and trustful leader.

The more I learn about the character, the more I will fill in at this place:
Soon to be edited ...

But for now that's that. If you have thoughts or ideas, toss them in. Maybe you want to work on his crew, his ship, his "missions or adventures"? Keep writin' as well. Is he a "member" of a serial-production? If so, what happened to his many twins? Guess what: become creative ...

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:13 am 
Super Hero in Training

Distress Call

While the gamers fly around they receive a 'distress call'; or they may learn about it from the news or maybe a friend or agent tells them about it. And it might catch their attention.

Q1: What faction sends it? The Empire, the Rebellion, an independent group, maybe something unknown?
Q2: Is it just a signal? Or spoken in Basic? Maybe an alien language discernible by the language-computers? Or something totally alien?
Q3: Is it directly aimed at the characters, or is it more kind of a general distress call? So, is it a friend, family-member, business partner, enemy, or otherwise somehow related NPC directly asking the gamers for help? Or is there no relation at all?
Q4: Where does it come from? From a deserted or even unknown place in space? A zone of war or conflict? Maybe from a sector known for piracy or high blackmarket activities? Or a sector in which colonization-attempts take place?
Q5: Does the distress call repeat regularly? Does it use the same phrasing over and over again? Is it spoken by a none-droid-machine or a person? Or is it radioed without a schedule, is it individualized, do different persons call for help?
Q6: Is its source a ship, a colony, a station, just "a satelite" or "space buoy"?
Q7: What is known about the space-o-graphics (geographics in space won't work, well, ... just because ...) of the region where the source of the distress call seems to be located? Are there asteroids, Star Trek anomalies of whatever kind, a hell of a ton of moons, higher radiation, total nothingness?
Q8: On what "channel" does the distress-call come? Is it transmitted via the usual hyperspace-communication-system or on a different communication-level? This might be important for the question: How "old" is the distress call?
Q9: What would be the reason for the gamers to react? Is it about help for medical care, and is there a certain "helping"-attitude available on the side of the gamers? Or are the gamers scavengers who seek any opportunity to grab stuff without paying anything? Maybe the gamers have to pay back a debt and have little room to neglect the distress call (think of a crashed ship with contrabant in the hold, and the gamers receive a call from their obligee to take care of things in order to reduce the level of obligation ...)
Q10: Is the distress call available without any technological aid? Or is it encrypted?
Q11: At the source: Is the distress sent from the general communication antenna, or from a hidden location somewhere inside the station, colony, or ship - like from someone sending it who is captured and asking for help to be rescued from his captured?
Q12: Who else receives the call and reacts to it?
Q13: Most importantly: What is the cause for the distress call? An accident, an external catastrophe, an attack, or ... *dundunDUNNN* "it's a trap!"? Or was it just false alarm?

What more questions could be raised to put some flesh to the idea? What are your thoughts?

So, as you see, there are many questions you may raise only with the idea "distress call" upon which you can create adventures. With these questions in mind you realize that there are plenty of opportunities for a huge variety of adventures to be played. So the idea of a distress call starting an adventure might become "old" very quickly; but considering the number of different adventures it cannot become too old. Think of it as being a good wine or whisky/ey - they need years and years in order to become better and better ...

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:21 pm 
Super Hero in Training

Adha'Feral Spaceport

(The name, btw., was generated with the lovely Star Wars Name Generator you may find here: http://starwars.namegeneratorfun.com/)

What would Star Wars be without spaceports? Really, I try to think of other SF-space-operas or Science-Fiction flcks, and there are only very few in which spaceports have a certain unique touch to them; and Star Wars also provides a huge variety in spaceports as well - no matter, if one is located on a planet, in a space-station, or eventually on spaceships ... Also a lot of things happen in spaceports all the time.

And the Adha'Feral Spaceport is kind of lively and very unique place as well.

The major part of the port is a gigantic skeleton of steel beams and traverses. These hold many platforms (six per deck-level) upon which you may land (or ground) ships up to the size of the YT1300 or comparable ships. The steel-skeleton as well as the platforms are arranged around a central, cylindrical superstructure which also holds all of the accomodations a ship's crew may look after. But here is the thing: this cylindrical superstructure with rooms and shelter only reaches three 'deck-levels' high, while the steel skeleton itself reaches 10 levels high. Yes - Adha'Feral Spaceport handles up to 60 ships at any given time ... From the topmost level of the spaceport building, so directly above deck-level 3 a huge antenna-section rises up into the sky and even beyond the 10th spaceport-deck-level.
Now, the nifty part about the Adha'Feral Spaceport is that the platforms may be moved - either via elevater shafts or horizontally in circles around the core-structure of the Spaceport in order to get to the elevators - in order to make them available for general boarding and/ or loading; there are three elevator-shafts, between each pair of platforms one. This means that often ships are not available for their crew (except via uninviting flights of stairs reaching above the central superstructure and circling along the inner structure of the steel-skeleton ...) and especially for fitting with new stuff, filling in cargo or doing other stuff.

Now, you may wonder, why was the station constructed the way it was constructed? Good question!

The Adha'Feral Spaceport is part of the small town of Adha'Feral in a very mountainous region with plenty of opportunity to fail to exist (ie dying), because gravity pulls its toll, and the chasms are deadly deep pits from hell. But because Adha'Feral is very lucrative for pirates and smugglers to exchange stuff as well as the local mining corporation to collect super rich ores of all kinds, the local leaders, crime-lords and architectures decided to build a spaceport which was capable of holding much more ships than what the "usual" spaceport would allow to. For the upper seven levels the steel skeleton provides a vast network of pipelines, maintenance elevators and maintenance robots in order to take care of any ship, while the ship's crew may do businesses in the Adha'Feral Spaceport Cantina or somewhere else in the city of Adha'Feral. In the meantime the lower decks of the spaceport may be used to board or unboard passengers, workers, or crew as well as to un-/load cargo. The complete overall system of the Adha'Feral Spaceport is very sophisticated, although it does look very rough, dirty, noisy, and gritty. But maybe that is the spirit of it ...

Besides: Every now and then some hapless ship's crew tries to flee from the local crime lord or authority or even both, and they leave the spaceport via the flight of stairs above the third level of the port in the inner circle of the steel skeleton in order to get to their ship resting on one of the 7th or even 10th level platforms. Unauthorized starts are not uncommon at the Adha'Feral Spaceport, because after all the ground-control seems to be very happy for any free slot available on the the port at any time, because there is so much traffic going on ... Yes, it is a lively place.

Maybe, just maybe you would like to give the Adha'Feral Spaceport an appearance in your next Star Wars adventure ... And maybe you find ways to make the unique construction of this part part of your narrative role-playing adventures ...

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:11 am 
Super Hero in Training

Double Trouble

Catch Phrase

While fleeing the Gamers' characters see that someone flies away with their ship; but they see just another spaceship like their own standing nearby, while all hell breaks loose around them ...

Part 1 - Prelude

a) The Villains: The Villains are a crew of smugglers and hired-guns, who were sent by their client or boss to do some serious business in a certain location. So they flew there with their own ship and started the job as planned. But, you know - plans and performance, often two different things. They collected the "item" they were asked to get hold of and brought it into their ship. But they forgot something important and had to get back into the place where their mission took place the first time. Maybe they forgot something important, or one of their mates fell into the arms of security, or whatever other thing might have happened ... When they reached the location of their own mission again, they were not able to retrieve what they wanted to get, because the whole place was a mess, and their opponents (security, other hired-guns, smugglers, bounty-hunters, and/or pirates of all kinds) were there and started to give the Villains a warm welcome. So the Villains fled back to the port. This is where things become complicated ...

b) The Gamers: For some reason, most likely pure coincidence, the Gamers had to do some business as well on their own in that same location. So they left the space-port and delved into the city or station or small town or surrounding terrain to do whatever Gamers do, when they are somewhere. And then they want to get back to their ship, because ...
They have gotten into some trouble themselves - most likely because someone caught their attention and for whatever reason was inclined to provide as much trouble as possible for the Gamers. And when they reach the spaceport - surprise: the Gamers see their own ship launching and flying away. They also recognize there is a lot of turmoil going on in the spaceport ...

c) Now, what has happened?
aa) The Villains were somehow cornered near the spaceport, and they could not get back to their own ship. But lucky as they were, there was a ship of the same kind on the other landing platform right behind the door just a few steps away. Yes, you are right: the Gamers' ship. So the Villains retreated to the ship and broke into it, in order to flee the location. And because they were used to flying this particular type of ship, they had little trouble to get it off the ground easily.

bb) So, the Gamers see a lot of gunfight going on at their landing platform, while are chased by another mob themselves.

Part 2 - Complications

Complications - there are many:

a) The 'authorities' of this place (who ever this might be from a legally established power and administration to the most chaotic or archaic superstructure of a syndicate ruled by the crime-overlord of this space-sector) will find out that the Villains did not flee with their own ship, but with a different ship. Sooner than later they will get to the ship of the Villains, break into it and try to find out who it is, they chase, and maybe to get back what has been stolen.

b) Someone is pretty angry about what the Gamers have done. And she, he, or even it will do anything to make the life for the Gamers as miserable as possible. Maybe she/ he/ it is affiliated with the local 'authoritys' (see Part 2 a) ), and the Gamers might face one to two factions at this place.
But keep in mind - there might be a third faction or power: the Gamers might have done business for someone else, and he would not be pleased to find out that the Gamers failed. So, this one might start hiring other folks to take care of things, too ...

c) So, the Villains: They want to get back what is in the cargo-hold or secret stash of their own ship. They need this - most likely for their boss, employer, or client. So they will plan and try anything to get back to the location and get hold of their ship. And if they don't do this, then ...

d) Their boss, employer, or client will hire another group to retrieve the Villains' ship and especially that what is stowed away in the cargo-hold or secret stash ...

e) And the Gamers? They as well have a tendency to strive for survival - at least, let's hope so!
Since they are chased and their own ship is gone, they only have like four major options available:

aa) fight, until everyone is d - e - d - aka dead - who ever "everyone" is ...
bb) hide somewhere in the facility, but what then next?,
cc) break into the other spaceship, which luckily is of the same type as the former ship of the Gamers', and flee with it ...
dd) Getting caught, sentenced to something, and thus maybe getting the chance to play Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson A-Team-style-ish to chase the Villains ...

f) Besides the Gamers there might be kind of a client or boss or employer above the Gamers who might have some interest in the Gamers getting out of the place as well as quickly as possible - and if not the Gamers, then at least that what the Gamers were told to collect ...

Part 3 - Sandbox

Let's call this section a sandbox. A lot of different things are very possible. There are many ifs and whens involved in the situation described in Part 2 of this posting heavily depending on how Gamers react to the situation and act in order to solve this adventure. Here are the main ideas how the story may and in some instances will evolve:

a) Hiding I think, it is crystal clear that the Gamers - again and as usual - are kind of in the focus of different factions and powers and groups; and they need to get out of this situation as much as possible. It is obvious that especially one faction which chased the Gamers to the spaceport will do anything to get hold of the gamers. And unless the Gamers don't get off this place, then they will have some hard times to hide and especially survive. So the GM might be well adviced to work out the location well enough to response accordingly to what the Gamers offer as their actions. And getting into detail about the location may include a map, detailed maps about important locations, the general social- and power-structures, important personalities, hierarchies, certain "interests and intentions" of the major npcs, maybe some kind of a schedule for the spaceport, etc. Just make sure you have prepared what you think is important for you, your gamers, and your gaming-style ...

b) If the Gamers, by any chance (and hopefully) choose to break into the Villains' ship on the first opportunity (so, when they reach the space-port the first time), they will get away from the spaceport. This makes things a lot more complicated from now on, because

aa) their chasers won't stop hunting them; they might use their own men or ask bounty-hunters and hired-guns to chase the Gamers from one end of the Galaxy to the other;
bb) the "authorities" of this space-port and/ or location will do anything to get back this ship (remember: it is the Villain's ship) in order to search it for contrabant, and to find clues on the whereabouts of the Villains; also: this ship now is considered to be stolen, and thieves (the Gamers) must be caught as well!;
cc) the Villains at least want their cargo back; and I guess they'd love to get back their own ship as well.

So, what a mess the Gamers are in, right? They probably will search the ship; and unless the Villains' did not hide their booty in a secret stash onboard their ship, the Gamers will find some stuff (whatever that may be); and they will happen to realize that their is something fishy about it. But if the booty is stored in a secret stash, the Gamers won't find it until they search the place for typical secret-stash-locations thoroughly.
The Gamers will also learn enough about who the Villains are and maybe even who their boss, employer, or client is. And that is - actually - supposed to be the better part of the story: chasing the Villains or whoever is "behind" them, and getting the own ship back as well as maybe getting some kind of reperation for the trouble the Gamers had to go through. How ever this would be resolved - some bloody mess, some charming diplomacy, something inbetween -, the major aim for the Gamers would be to get back their ship.
I think there is no need to get into much more detail about where the Villains would hide, where the Villains got their mission, who else may be involved in this story; this - again - is up to the GM to create either in preparations according to the own gamestly or as improvised reactions based on what the Gamers try and do.

c) Maybe the Gamers first hide in the spaceport or nearby location, then they maybe witness that the other ship in the spaceport is seized or something. Still, they have someone chasing them, and they start feeling uncomfortable even in their hideout. On the screens neet pictures of the Gamers combinded with some nifty bountys on them get published; so the Gamers should think of getting away asap, because anyone greedy enough might start looking for the Gamers.
Maybe the Gamers will try and break into the seized ship - again? Then what is written under Part 3 b) may be applied - but without the booty or contrabant most likely. Or they take any other opportunit, like a different ship that has landed in the harbor - either steal it or hire some folks to bring them away from this location. But that would leave one big question: How would the gamers either retrieve their own ship or get a new ship, unless they don't steal it?

d) Maybe everything turns against the Gamers; along with some backlashes on how the story evolves based on bad decisions of the Gamers, the dice let the Gamers fail again and again. In the end they get caught ... Then maybe someone powerful might want to give them a Chance to get "free" again. He/ she/ it would simply ask the Gamers to hunt the Villains and perform some type of revenge against them or capture them in order to bring them in front of the local police ...

Part 4 - last words

This adventure starts kind of straight forward and requires to have another adventure being played way before this one - like breaking inot some place and getting something of value as bad as possible; but instead of resolving the adventure too easily after having successfully stolen or retrieved, Double Trouble kicks in inbetween in order to delay the relaxed ending and resolution of the first adventure.

Then, when the Gamers see that their ship has just flown away, things become very blurry; and since there are many ways for the Gamers to react to the situation, I would like to call this a small sandboxing-adventure which heavily relies on what the Gamers wish to do. I know: it finally boils down to just two things: getting away from this location and hopefully getting back the own ship or at least getting hold of a ship to remain independent. But as you have seen: there are a couple of more or less likely ways the whole story may evolve.

I hope you enjoy this one; it - again - is pretty much nothing more than a skeleton and needs a lot of fleshing out; but this is what you have to do in order to make Double Trouble work for your gameplay well enough.

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Last edited by Cpt.Future on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:55 pm 
Super Hero in Training

Dr. Ousaci Hesoth

Dr. Ousaci is both - the life-saver of many and eager to collect old relics in order to sell them to museums in many regions of the space.

She is a beauty, even for a Bothan, and is the only born daughter of her parents Heatan and Sadalsuud Hesoth. She was raised in a rather wealthy family and did everything to achieve what she liked to do - not always as her parents expected her to do. They wanted her to become a medical doctor, and she longed for more - the stars and the secrets hidden there.

Some family-drama it was when her parents learned about her having tried to do both: study medicine as well as archaeology. They still supported her, but they were everything else but pleased to see that her studies took longer and longer and hast cost more and more credits. But in the end she finished both studies. In neither of the two subjects she was brilliant or even good; but when she ended both of her studies, many smaller archaeological organizations and freelancers (sometimes referred to as grave-diggers, tomb-raiders, or even grave-robbers - what an ugly word ...) were happy to get to know her. She was of high value because she could care for the other members in case of "accidents" (aka gunfights with competing grave-robbers ...) on any exploration as well as use her knowledge to ascertain the value of relics found in different regions of space.

The years went by, and Dr. Ousaci became more and more professional - professional enough to make enough credits to buy her own small ship and hire a couple of ... er ... *cough* ... crew-mates of explorers, and ever since she travels the Outer Rim to find places with new mysteries and "forgotten realms" to be explored and exploited ... *cough-cough* ... I mean, to find stuff to be saved from the greedy hands of grave-robbers and to be brought to museums of high reputation ... Besides her reputation, which varies a lot depending on who you are talking to, one thing is especially true: she cares for life, and often enough it is reported that she even has treated the wounds of those who crossed her way. Yes, she has become a good doctor in the field; and she sticks with the paradigm each doctor worth his injection-set learns in the first semester of studies: treat patients.

Maybe you will meet her sooner or later ...

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:05 am 
Super Hero in Training

... just wrote me a letter ...

Imagine this situation: A player's character receives a letter. And try to grab the complexity of things involved with this little item ... Let's get started with a couple of simple questions:

a) What type of letter is this - an electronic, a handwritten, or a typed and printed letter?
b) Who has sent it?
c) And is the player's character the right addressee - or someone else?
d) Why did the author of the letter send it?
e) Is it 'just a letter', or maybe a warning? Or does it provide important information, maybe a treasure map, a vital information labeled 'top of the notch secret'? Or something completely different?
f) If the letter was not addressed at the player's character, and yet he received it, what are the circumstances that the letter got off-track and was delivered to the player's character instead of the right addressee? What happened to the delivery-service? What happened to the sender, what to the original addressee?
g) if the letter is so important, who may be interested to prevent the player's character to receive it? And what will he, she, they, or it try to do to the player's character, when the letter gets delivered?
h) And who else might be interested about what is going on with this letter? Will he, she, they, or it become a ally of the player's character, or maybe just another faction meaning just this: trouble?
i) Is the player's character meant to deliver the letter to someone else? So is the player's character supposed to be(come) kind of an interstellar pony-express for whomever? And if so: why was the letter sent in a way that the player's character had no chance to avoid learning its content?
j) Is the letter just "an accident", nothing serious?
k) If the letter was sent, who knows about it, who should know about it, and who must not know about it?

As you see, a letter is not just a letter. Let's assume the letter was sent by public authorities, what would this letter be about? Tax-payments? Maybe a suit against the player's character? May just a warrent issued? Maybe it is a spy-organzation trying to get in touch with the player's character? And if public authorities address the player with whatever they want, who else will get involved to deliver the letter, or to get hold of the player's character in order to perform what is mentioned in the letter? Is it public services only, or will there be assistance by civilians, bounty-hutners, different local public authorities?

And what would be on the other side, if the sender would be a "private" person - like a family member, friend, affiliate, a (former) business partner, an obligee, a client, a competitor of whatever kind? It even may be the player's character's Nemesis wanting to tease the player's character by telling him: "you cannot hide, even a letter gets delivered, see, how easy it is to get ya ... ?" Does the letter involve private stuff like health issues, a grandeur family-party, or the tragic death of a family member? Or is it about real business, maybe an old debt or duty asked for?

Spinning the wheel more and more, you see how much potential may lie in a small note delivered to the player's character. Just for the sake of comparison: Umberto Ecos novel titled "Foucault's Pendulum" is all about a small note or letter, and the novel asks plenty of questions about it - was it just a small shopping list for daily stuff, or was it the secret message involving all kinds of secret societies and conspiracies of all kinds ... ?

Maybe you could think of a particular funny or sinnister way of getting your players involved in a light adventure or complex campaign all based on the simple line of:
Hello, Asshead!
Will you be late for dinner again?
Love ya, Mom!

(or something like that ...)

But these questions you should also consider what may be the outcome of receiving the letter. Will it simply dissipate in acknwoledging its existance? Or will it start some sort of actions and reactions on the side of certain npcs? And what exactly are the players' characters going to do about it? Will they visit the one who sent the letter? Or do some "research" on the postal service, the items, organizations, or persons mentioned in the letter? And whose red lines will they cross? How much trouble might this result in? And how much not?

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:44 pm 
Super Hero in Training

Passenger-Parcel-Panic Service

Here is a simple adventure idea - really straight forward, linear, very simple, probably very suitable as an introductory adventure ...

Catch Phrase

The players' Characters are hired to collect someone with his luggage at some place and bring him somewhere else. This job turns out to be everything else but as easy as it looked in the first place ...

Part I - Prelude

1. The Passenger is a collector of things - things, which don't seem to be very valuable to most eys, but which are very valuable for specialists, criminals, and/or public authorities (either local or global). Since the place he lives in has become kind of a hotspot - during the last weeks and months he has created too much attention -, he needs to get of this place (a planet, a moon, a station, an asteroid, ...).
2. The Nemesis is interested in finally getting hold of the Passenger. The Nemesis is either the Passenger's competitor, enemy, some public authority, or a bounty-hunter - you get the idea. Lately he has learned about the whereabouts and is pretty close in pinpointing the Passenger, who seems to have been hiding ...
3. ... in daylight. The Passenger has asked a friend a favor to post a hire-job for transportation of him and his "luggage", destination yet to be revealed. It goes like this:

Looking for a Freelancer to collect the passenger by the name of *Passenger* at his current place *location's name*. The Pasenger and his luggage are to be transported to a destination the Passenger will reveal to the captain of the Freelancer-Crew. Per parsec their will be a payout of XXX Credits ... Lift-Off time is scheduled for **.**.**.**

Part II - panicing Passenger-Parcel-Pick-up Service

1. The Characters show up and they meet the Passenger - probably in a nearby Cantina. He tells them about the whereabouts of his hidden luggage and informs them that a luggage cart won't be enough; they need to get some kind of truck or comparable in order to collect all of the things. And he also informs them that some of the stuff needs "special" care during transportation.
2. While collecting the luggage the Nemesis learns about the meeting of the Passenger with the Characters. He sends a group of hired-guns (or customs service, police, whatever ...) to get hold of the Characters, the Passenger, and the luggage. Since the Nemesis underestimates the Characters, this first combat-encounter should be no issue at all.
3. Maybe, if you like, the Characters need to prepare the loading bay of their ship for some special items - like a freezing unit, or an oven of sorts, because some items of the luggage just need this kind of transportation environment. But this should not be too much of an issue ...
4. After all the Characters get away with their Passenger, the luggage, and some luck, because after all: they had to bail out without launching permission ...

Part III - Drop Off

1. The Passenger informs the Characters about their destination.
2. They get chased by either the Nemesis or someone the Nemesis has asked to hunt the Characters' ship.
3. During the flight some items of the luggage become sort of a problem for the ship. The Characters need to interrupt the flight and make some sort of emergency landing in a nearby port. There the luggage needs some treatment, and the ship probably requires some sort of repairs.
4. Customs Service at this port will ask questions and will provide some trouble for the Characters - but not too much. Maybe you can deal it the way that problem solving for the luggage, the ship, and the customs officers would end almost simultaneously. If you must: the Nemesis or his bounty-hunter/ hired-gun shows up at this place as well. Sweet ...
5. After all the problems were taken care of, the Characters launch again. And without any trouble they get to the destination the Passenger has asked them to drop him and his luggage off. Payment should be no issue at all ...
6. If you must: The Nemesis or the hired-gun/ bounty-hunter shows up (again), and there will be just another, but final gunfight ending this episode of trouble once and for all.

Part IV - last words

As usual I have left many details out of this. This skeleton of an adventure requires a lot of fleshing out - like who the Passenger and the Nemesis are, what resources they have, what type of luggage this is, what locations, etc. blabla. You get the point. In contrast to the first two adventures I have posted this one is a very simple plot. I hope it helps for a few fine hours of easy going and cinematic adventure-game-play.

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:58 am 
Super Hero in Training

Search, Pillage, Salvage, Rescue

Catch Phrase
After the average of the ship Menkent the Gamers' Characters try to get into the wreck to find something or someone. They have to deal with an Imperial 'rescue' mission, other scavengers, and pillagers from within the wreck ...

Part 1 - Prelude

1. The Menkent is a silhouette 5 ship which combined passenger- as well as cargo-transportation. After decades of good services for a mediocre interstellar shipment company it was sold to a syndicate somewhere in the Outer Rim. Ever since this ship was officially used for transportation and haulage and inofficially used to get contrabant from different places to other different places - you get the idea.

2. During the last flight smugglers and bounty-hunters alike were part of the roughly 100 passengers aboard the ship. And as things are: since regulations for personal arms weren't as tight as under normal conditions, both groups brought guns with them. And the big deal here was: the bounty-hunters were on a mission to take out some of the smugglers. The fights started within the passenger-decks and got the ship's crew involved who tried to actively defend the other passengers as well as especially the ship; but the fights moved through various decks and ended somewhere in the machine-room, where disaster struck ... A huge explosion destroyed major parts of the machine-room, deconstructed better parts of the superstructure of the ship, and many decks of the ship simply decompressed.

3. Luckily a reporter-team was aboard the ship - on their way to a small moon in order to join some scientists and explorers and to film a documentary about the lifeforms of this particular moon. When the first gunfights started, they started to bring out their cameras and protective clothes. During the fights they were able to transmit some bits and pieces of the struggle. Although they were not able to join the combat in the machine room as well as some parts of the cargo-bays, they were able to film the gigantic explosion of the machines from one of the windows of the ship. The last moments they caught were about the reporter reporting about decompression, and then the camera slipped away, out of the ship viewing the reporter and other people in deep-space-misery and finally blackened out ... This is how news about this disaster have become public, because the distress-radio-signals of the ship simply malfunctioned due to the explosion.

4. Since the fights took place after the ship has dropped out of hyperspace, because it was near its destination, the ship now floats through space. The automated distress-signal systems didn't kick in. Some survivors were able to hide in some safe spots within the remaining parts of the ship - knowing that they will run out of water, food, and energy sooner or later; one of those groups was able to secure a location which has access to a life-saving shuttle which was not launched yet. So they have started to search all the rooms and spaces for valuable items left by those who fled and who were able to get away with another shuttle. Another group (ship's crew?) has recognized this pillaging mob and tries to hinder them as much as possible ...

5. Several survivors from this wreckage were able to flee in life-saving shuttles. The distress signals sent by those ships were caught by the Imperial Nebulon B Frigate "Valor" doing scouting and policing duties in this part of space - at least trying to do so. This ship under the command of Helron Bronstar has set course to the wreck of the Menkent.

6. Aboard the ship were certain 'goods' (aka: contrabants) or persons known to someone who speaks to the Gamers' Characters: "I need your help to save *person and/or items* which are in the wrecked Menkent. You need to be quick, because some sources tell me the Imperial ship Valor has already set course towards the ship. And they must not get hold of *person and/or item*, or my businesses will be in danger. Make sure, you are euqipped well. It is not unlikely that other scavengers will try to be at the wreck before the Imperial forces show up ..."

7. And things are as they are in the Outer Rim: Naturally there could other crime-lords or small businesses on the go looking for an opportunity ... And wouldn't it be Star Wars, if these npcs were not interested in what the Characters are asked to collect? But, hey, this should be optional depending on the complexity of the story you would like to have ...

Part 2 - Arrival

1. The first things the Characters might want to do is doing some research on the Menkent. They will learn some very vague and general information about the ship - but since they have to struggle with time, because the Valor arrives soon, there is little room for indepth research. Maybe they learn a couple of sweet crime-stories about the owner of the ship; but they won't have a decent chance to learn details about crew, passengers, and cargo of the Menkent; these things will remain casual and vague at best.

2. The Characters will have to think about how to enter the ship. Since they have little information about the landing bays, they may want to consider some salvage equipment; this should be no trouble at all. It is very likely that, if the Characters own their ship, they will have most things.

3. Approaching the Menkent will reveal the degree of damages. The ship is a wreck, and she is beyond fixing. The aft is totally destroyed; and better parts of the hull show huge leaks everywhere; only through a few windows lights can be seen - like the birdge, only some parts of the passenger decks, maybe some isolated areas in the disconnected parts of the ship. Also the Characters will recognize a number of shuttles in the nearby area flying away from the Menkent. In case the Characters have tried to find out more about the Menkent, they will recognize that not all of the shuttles were started. The Characters will also see other silhouette 4 and 5 ships collecting shuttles and aiding the survivors. Maybe they will also recognize smaller ships like their own having connected to the Menkent (point 7. from Prelude). The Valor is already near the wreck. And the Characters see several Tie's flying around and giving other rescue-ships some trouble. Luck should be on the side of the Characters to get to the Menkent more easily. (If a Tie pilot radios them, the Characters may tell them they were ordered by the ship's owner to board the ship and rescue the captain or something ...).

Part 3 - Rescue, Pillage, Salvage

1. This is the major part of the story. The Characters will search the place and try to find the *person and/or items* their client wants them to collect. The first thing to do so is to get access to the central computer - most likely accessible via the bridge controls only - especially since so many other parts of the ship are devasted if not destroyed or without power and thus access to the ship's database. On the bridge they will find remaining crew and the Captain dedicated to defend their position from any intruder they won't recognize as friends. They will have to speak to the Captain or an officer, if it is contrabant they are looking for, because such information won't be available in the database at all ...

2. When the Characters have learned about the position of the *person and/or items*, they will try to get there. It might be a good idea to put some action into this part of the story, and the Characters might have to trespass the area where pillagers and part of the ship's crew mean a lot of trouble. If the Characters have to get into the cargo-bay, maybe some extra-vehicular-activities may be a good idea ...

3. You may wish to consider option 7. from the prelude here - especially if the other group of scavengers searches the same *person and/or item* like what the Characters are looking for ...

Part 4 - Return

1. Now, that was easy, wasn't it? The Characters run out of luck. Some fighters of the Valor will (again) recognize their ship disconnecting from the Menkent, and they will try to provide some trouble. If the Characters are unlucky enough - this should be dependent on what the dice tell you -, they might get caught by the Tractor Beams of the Valor.

2. If the Characters get caught by the Valor, they will have to deal with the situation accordingly ... They don't want to end in the hands of the Imperial Forces; so they need to get out of the Valor asap. But this requires them to deactivate the Tractor Beams of the ship; else any attempt to fly away will be a fruitless effort. But before they take out the Tractor Beams, they need to either avoid or flee the troopers which try to arrest them ... It may be a good idea to watch SW Episode IV again ...

3. Getting away from the wreck as well as the Valor shouldn't be too easy, but should not be impossible as well. After all the Characters will be able to transport the *person and/or items* to their client and receive the credits (or some other benefit reducing some obligation?).

Part 5 - aftermath and last words

1. Now that the Characters are known salvagers in this part of space, the Imperial forces will put some (small) bounties on their heads and their ship.
2. The owner of the Menkent was not particular pleased to learn that one of his bigger ships has gone *boooom*. But he won't be pleased either that scavengers like the Characters have made their own profit based on his mishap; so he may be interested to make the Characters 'persona non grata' with everything that this implies ...
3. If for whatever reason the characters won't perform well on this mission and they fail, their client won't be pleased either. Depending on the value of the *person and/or items* he may enforce certain consequences ...
4. Again, as you see, this adventure is nothing more than a skeleton. Flesh is missing - a lot. But this will help you to adjust this adventure accordingly and to introduce new npcs as well as known enemies or Nemesises of the Characters. Especially with the items of interest (*person and/or items) as well as point 7 from "Part 1 - Prelude" you see that this adventure can be varied to a certain degree, if not a lot. This would allow you to create an adventure that suits inexperienced as well as experienced characters alike. Consider drawing detailed maps of the Menkent in order to keep track of everything. If you don't want to have a chapter on the Valor, simply don't use the Tractor Beams of this ship and let the Characters get away from the Ties more easily.

I hope you like this adventure - as usual: feel free to discuss things.

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:55 am 
Super Hero in Training

Shady Past

Imagine your characters buying something from someone somewhere. And important are the circumstances: it is a blackmarket-deal. The characters buy something which either is not available on the regular market (at least not for this price) or is only available in regular places the characters have no access to. Is the deal done with the item and the credits changing hands?

No! By far not ...

Q1: Who did the Characters speak to in order to learn about this buying-opportunity? And how trustworthy are these contacts? Do they have their own agenda, and are they involved in special "contracts" or "obligations" which may lead to some complications for the Characters?
Q2: How did these contacts know about this particular item? Was it like an opportunity having revealed itself, or was it some information made available on special boards or in special forums only specific persons like the contacts or their contacts would have access to?
Q3: Why would the seller spread the words to certain contacts in order to use kind of a viral merchandizing within the grey- and blackmarkets aimed at finding buyers like the Characters? Does he/she/it want to sell on her own, or is he/she/it just a middleman for someone else? Is he/she/it under pressure to sell it, because someone else is looking for it or he/she/it simply is in dire need of some credits?
Q4: How did the seller get the item he/she/it wants to sell? Did he buy it on the blackmarket himself, or did he get the item from some salvaging or burglary or outright attack on someone else?
Q5: The one who owned it in the first place - is he interested in getting back the item himself? Or has he plans for the seller? Maybe there is an undercover police mission on the run trying to follow the item in order to depict the internal structures of the blackmarket? Maybe the creator/ builder/ former owner wants to evaluate the blackmarket-opportunities?
Q6: Was the item involved in some special activities - like, was it used on a crime scene or in a certain attack somewhere? Or was this item especially special in certain regions or part of a certain exhibition somewhere? And what about all the npcs being involved in those activities?
Q7: Now that the item has changed hands again, will some hired-gun or bounty-hunter or undercover-agent shadow the characters? Or will he/she/it submit a buying-offer to the characters? Or maybe he/she/it will attack the characters in order to steal the item again? Maybe it is just another buyer who was very eager to get the item himself; and now he learned that the Characters got it - what will he/she/it do about it?
Q8: What other purpose than the one the Characters think of might this item fulfill as well? Is it probably a special item used for a certain experiment or to de-/activate a special machine? Maybe it is part of a mysterious riddle at some place?
Q9: What "curses" certain groups think that the item may have?
Q10: Did the Characters buy this item for general usage only, or was it because someone special wanted them to get hold of it? And what would this mean if the Characters hand it over to their client?

As you see: Something quite normal or common might be the great opportunity to make more out of a single small, fly-by-event like buying something on the blackmarket. Maybe you come up with incredible adventures for your SW game.

Best wishes!
Cpt.Future

Post Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:44 am 
Super Hero in Training

Hyperdrive-Mishaps ...

Everyone knows that - failing at the astrogation check and/ or using false starmaps in order to activate the Hpyerdrive and to get to the designated destination is bad. Something between just missing the target (up to flying into the wrong, aka opposite direction) or landing in the middle of a Red Giant or a Black Hole could be possible.

But why is that so? And what might happen next? Here are some question you may wish to consider in the future, if a "jump" fails ...

Q1: Why is it that the hyperspace-flight failed? Was it just because someone was bad or unlucky at astrogation? Or was there something wrong with the starmap-material?
Q2: If the starmap-material is wrong, what has happened? Was it just out-dated? Was it "too cheap to be good"? Or did someone sell bad material on purpose?
Q3: If the starmap-material is bad on purpose, who did it and why did he do it? Was this aimed at the Gamers' Characters or at someone else?
Q4: If the original starmap-material is good, but later on it has been made bad, who did it how and why? Was it some technician taking care of the Gamers' ship at the spaceport (standard procedures for refueling and checking the functions of the ship)? Or was it someone slicing the computer-systems of the Gamers' Characters' ship? then again: Why the characters and what was this action 'good' for? Revenge, a trap, simply fun? Did the Slicer or Technician do so because someone asked them to so? Was there some kind of middleman involved? Or was he himself tricked himself and he believed to do something in favor of the Gamers' Characters?
Q4: Now that the jump has failed, where exactly did the Gamers' Characters' flight end? Did they just stop at a somewhat unexpected location? Were they travelling into the right direction but simply failed to hit the target area? Or did the flight bring them of-course, maybe even lead them into the opposite direction? What does this mean for fuel, food, and water? And if the Gamers' Characters need to reach a certain destain in time, will they be able to do so now?
Q5: If the characters are leaving hyperspace in an unexpected area, is someone waiting there? A Nemesis, another enemy, bounty-hutners, a trap prepared by the Imperial Forces? Or was it someone else who desperately needs help and was simply not able to convince the Gamers' Characters otherwise?
Q6: In case the computers of the Gamers' Characters' ship was sliced - what else was done to the system? Do other things malfunction as well - like especially the Hyperdrive itself?

Considering these things might lead to the great opportunity, to go all Sherlock Holmes why the flight failed in order to find the one responsible for this ... Is there an adventure lingering in this event? Or maybe even an at least small campaign? You will find out ...

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:40 pm 
Super Hero in Training

Kaus Nofssa

Who is he? That is simple - he is a taxidriver or shuttle-pilot taking care of people who want to get from one spot to another in the city or huge station he works in. He works as a driver now for many years - actually, he belongs to the staff longer than any other of his colleagues in this particular company. One reason could be that he is more than just an employee in the company. Rumors are his boss was a comrade once and still is one of the best friends of Kaus.

Rumors ... This is the word describing best what he is all about - and especially who he really is ...

Rumors are that Kaus Nofssa was a young and dreaming soldier of his homeplanet once. With excitement and pride he joined forces and fought for the good of the cause - whatever this might have been. Some say his career first skyrocketed like crazy and he became a member of a(n in)famous unit doing special things in or beyond wartimes. But then something bad has happened and the better part of his unit was wasted. Rumors are that Kaus Nofssa and his superior had their share in this event, and they were delisted accordingly ... But how does this suit with the medal of honors and huge amount of credits they received when they were delisted?

Rumors are that Kaus Nofssa wandered in space and tried to get together some kind of life after his big dream of becoming a high ranked soldier has immediately ended. Some say he tried to become a farmer, others say he was 'bought' to become a hired-gun doing even bounty-hunting and stuff. Other others have mentioned that he might have been involved in some criminal activities, while the other others said he just got married and worked as a loanslave in some production facility ... Everything might have been possible - because he still is skilled in using the blaster (in his sparetime he joins real hunts and sport-events around shooting) he is kind of a strong and agile personality; he also loves talking about his long lost wife and children and how hard it is to jump over his shadow and become a father or at least loving husband again ... Only one thing about his past really is certain: he became a taxi-driver or shuttle-pilot in a location near the place he may have been stationed as a soldier once ...

Rumors about his past are many; and rumors about his current activities are many as well. None in the company does as many and as long rides as he does; none has so many contacts within the place like he does; and none has as many exclusive rides with special guests like he does. He knows many names, faces, groups, factions, organizations ... well, you name and get it. So, you want something special for relaxation? Kaus Nofssa is the driver you want to have. You want to meet someone special? Ask for Kaus. You wish to do special businesses? Kaus most likely will be the one bringing you and others together.

But one thing is important to know about him: if you have any chance of befriending him, he will offer you services only few others would be able to offer you. But keep in mind: loyalty and integrity are the only two things about him which are not rumors. In his life these things are facts; and he rfers to them as the two elements that keep "the family" together. He keeps his contacts and won't easily exchange them for anyone new showing up and trying to befriend him ... That's not the way it works. If you want something badly, and he is the one to talk to, make sure that that, what you want, won't harm his own relations - because, you know: he knows you and guys ...

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:27 am 
Super Hero in Training

Crossroads

Crossroads is kind of a truck-stop or "diner" in space. And it is such an old facility, that visiting it for the first time will make guests wonder a lot. This station is a huge wheel spinning around its center axis in order to create artifical gravity in the outer circle where life and action take place. Yes, this station is such an old relic from ages long ago that is does not offer standard technologies for artifical gravity. And the ages are very visual - there is not one part of the station or its surrounding facility that look "new" - not even to a certain degree. Everywhere droids and freelancers work around the station in order to keep it running or to repair bits and pieces. Many parts of the circle, the central facilities. and its spokes show huge parts from space-ships being included into the station in order to keep it running. Yes, to a certain degree this station looks like a chimera of a space-station with different space-ships in it. You may recognize bigger and smaller parts of ships of all sizes and from all kinds of spaceship-building races in it. Some people say: there is no original part of Crossraods available anymore; well, there is no doubt that there is enoug of the original space-station there, but most of it you simply don't see anymore. And one thing is for certain: if it was not for the scavengers, this station would not exist anymore ...

The outer rim of Crossroads has plenty of docking stations for ship sizes up to silhouette six. Bigger ships need to orbit the station; for those there is an extended shuttle-service available. The docking-bays are evenly spread around the station allowing a certain balancing of the station. In the closer space around the station there are many facility fulfilling the tasks of typical docks of all kinds - docks for repairing ships, refueling ships, loading, unloading, and keeping cargo. In these facilities many workers do their jobs; some of the facilities, especially the bigger ones are halfway automated; but because the overall Crossroads station is so old and many parts of it resemble makeshift elements, a full automization of these facilities is no option at all.

The station of Crossroads itself is a place where the workers from the different facilities make a simple living. A signifcant part of the station is a collection of cantinas and spotels (space-hotels) for travellers, and especially space-truckers. Crossroads is a decent location to get some distraction from the boring space-transportation jobs and the monotony of the stary background of space.

Crossroads is a little of the major trade-routes - not a lot, but just enough for customs services, local space-police, and Imperial Services not to show up very often. In fact they barely look what is going on here. Crossroads is kind of a niche-station especially for grey-legal tradings, exchange of contrabant of all kinds (even slaves!), doing businesses better not to be heard of, and a melting pot for all kinds of hired guns and bounty hunters waiting for good calls and awaiting business as well. An enriched black market activity is another feature of the Crossraods-station - that is, if you know which cantina to visit or who to speak to.

What makes Crossroads such an ideal place for all these activities is that it is situated in a star-system with no interesting planet at all. The life-forms seem to be primitive at best, and the available resources on the planets and moons are kind of uninteresting at least for mediocre or major corporations; yes, true: there are small businesses going on everywhere - like doing hunting-sessions on a nearby planet, trying to get some resources from the one moon or another planet, but all in all, since Crossroads is kind of too far off the main routes, the cost and benefit ratios for such endeavours is simply put to bad to become interesting or to become successful. This does not apply, though, for all kinds of illegal actions. Rumors are that there are many secret and hidden "stashes" on moons, planets, and nearby asteroids where criminals in all leagues seem to hide things ...

Besides this dark side of Crossroads it may be fair to say: it is worth a trip for anyone. It is not half as dangerous as it may look like now; infact, it offers enough opportunities for the average trader, space-trucker, or simply tourist or traveller ... And if it is only about becoming a slave of one of the crime-lords on the station ...

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:17 pm 
Super Hero in Training

Two Factions and some Neutrals

Catchphrase

The Players’ Characters (PCs) (involuntarily?) get into a deep conflict between two factions over a piece of land or asteroid with each one struggling to become the major force in the region. Whose days will be saved – the one of one of the factions, the people inbetween, or the day of the PCs’s …

Phase I: Prelude

In this section you will learn about the basic background of this Adventure Skeleton. This story is very heavy on roleplaying aspects, but it allows for a lot of potential for an action packed adventure as well. Since this story is about two huge factions fighting over the same turf for different reasons it is important to properly understand the intentions and agendas of the major NPCs involved. This section covers these ideas and thus is kind of “huge” compared with the other Phases of this Adventure Skeleton.
At the ending of Phase I you will learn about how the PCs might get involved. This subsection will raise a couple of questions leading you to the answer why and how you may wish to make the PCs get interested in telling this adventure …

As for the different options offered in this Phase I: They are kind of modules you may wish to consider or exchange. In the first part you learn about two different major NPCs supporting the Nemesis; you will find a similar setup on the Other Facton’s site. It is up to you to decide, if you like to use both, or just one, or something completely different; but the outline of Phase III is based on using two major NPCs on both sides. You will also read about the Neutrals and reasons why the PCs get involved. So basically this Phase is about

The Region + The Enemy Faction + The Other Faction + The Neutrals + the PCs.

How complex things might become is up to you; the setup provided here is something for a several-afternoon-, or several-night-session. That is why this is kind of a wall of words … I hope you enjoy it regardless.

1. The Region

There is this one specific region – the one that is best known for at least some very valuable assets – a place, where people wish to live, because the place is excellent to live in peace and harmony; the place might be relevant for some religious belief, or some of the regional qualities might be especially good for mental or physical treatment; maybe the turf is especially good for producing legal or illegal crops; or the area might suit well for relexation or healthcare based tourist economy.
The other very important resource available are rare minerals or ores used, for example, for the development of weapons, or machines; or maybe the expansion of some industrial area, city-development – maybe in order to build a port of sorts.
No matter, which perspective you use: this countryside is gorgeous in the eyes of many, like the Evil and the Other Faction.

2. The Evil Faction

The Evil Faction is controlled by the Nemesis. And besides his many minions, he has several Stooges, who act like kind of middlemen. While performing the Nemesis’s plans they try to keep the real identity of the Nemesis as secret as possible. So, having this in mind it should be possible that the Stooges will act as if they were the evil-spirited masterminds of whatever they try to achieve … And don’t forget: they want to reach their personal goals as well!
The Nemesis’s aim is simple: He wants this piece of land, because he wants to exploit it as much as possible. Maybe he has a personal feud with the Other Faction and wants to destroy them or make their lives as miserable as possible.
The Nemesis is interested in this particular piece of land or small asteroid because it has proven to be rich in certain minerals, or it would provide a decent position for a special space-port fulfilling his desires or plans; maybe the Nemesis is kind of a con-man looking forward to get some high-revenue contracts with construction companies, as well as military industrial complexes. Or he is a crime-lord looking for a good place to exchange contrabant of all kinds without public authorities annoying him all day lond ...
Next to this location would be kind of close to a small town or colony of sorts which gets into the fangs of the Nemesis's fangs, minions and Stooges.

a) Stooge A

He is the smart one, a charming evil bastard who knows the ways of politics and influence. He knows the right persons to speak to and has a very good grasp how well money makes the world go round. Maybe he is capable of producing enough pressure on his victims in order to make them work in his favor; or his negotation-skills are outstanding and he wins powerful allies within the neutral people – like public authorities, traders, “friends”, …
Stooge A can be almost anyone knowing the ways of charming people. He has understood how important it is to offer important resources, machines, equipment or even slaves to the inhabitants of the small community nearby. He receives the stuff from the Nemesis, he then especially pricy offers these to the community and makes sure that his customers or clients owe him more than just a couple of bucks, you know: more kind of debts or “help” as an exchange. “One hand washes the other …”

b) Stooge B

He is different from Stooge B. Maybe he and Stooge A actually never met, but both of them act on behalf of the same Nemesis without knowing about the other one being “employed” by the Nemesis; and the Nemesis would not want to reveal things to anyone. Stooge A may even be so impressed by what Stooge B does that Stooge A may feel like powerless and a victim as well himself, because:
Stooge B simply is the leader of a small pack of brutal criminals using all kinds of force to suppress people and to induce anxiety in at least some of the people. On a more or less regular basis they especially attack the Other Faction. But they also take care that the neutral people of the nearby community simply won’t cross their way.
His group would be any evil-spirited collection of hired-guns having access to weapons and enjoying living and enforcing “their freedom”. The Nemesis supports this group, because he has not to put much effort into them in order to get what he wants. But most certainly he does not get in touch with them personally, but instead with a mysterious middle-man; because he knows one thing for certain: a group of brutal grunts will fall by the hands of a some d-bag Heroes, bounty-hunters, or even some police forces sooner than later; and if the Nemesis wants to avoid one important thing, then it is the revelation of his identity because one of the grunts gets caught and then talks too much …

3. The Other Faction

This is the group already living or working at the countryside or asteroid in question. They are lead by the Leader who has several officers or higher ranked community members, his Hands, if you like. The community is in this place because they truely believe that this countryside, asteroide or part of the land is righteously theirs. The Leader may provide some official document proving this claim, or all of them come from a certain powerful family, company, organization or “group in a much broader sense” simply living and working there, and no one officially confronts them with their false claims because the powers behind them are simply a force to be reckoned. The Hands of the Leader are kind of sergeants performing the plans of the Leader and actively taking care that the other members of the community follow the rules.
The Leader’s plans are about building or creating things – more or less for the greater good of his community and maybe others as well. His intentions are not based on economical success only, political or religious power only, or creating a disclosed community. To a certain degree well-faring might lead his dreams, although he might be kind of a very patriarchic or even dictatorial leader in order to reach his goals. Maybe this group is an eco-trerrorists organization or a somewhat fundamentalized or radical group considering themselves as the true believers …
Important for this story is that the Leader has not a single clue about the Nemesis; at best he has some things to talk about the Stooges, but that would be nothing more than simply surface-information.

First Hand

The First Hand is kind of the reasoning within the younger generation of people; maybe he believes in rules and tries to uphold “the law” or “the rules” as much as possible – maybe even to a degree that makes working together with him kind of a challenge – for community members as much as for exterior people alike. The First Hand gets in conflict with the Second Hand on a regular basis, because the latter one carries his heart on his tongue.
The First Hand may understand more about the riches the countryside may provide, and the First Hand will prove to be a very strong negotiator in all things trading, setting up agreements, bargaining, maybe even bribing.
Maybe he once was an explorer or former space-soldier trying to find his peace with the universe by achieving to do something good for this community; or maybe he is a trusted partner of the Leader, or maybe even a member of the Leader's family.

Second Hand

The hot-blooded, somewhat wild, and more or less naive Second Hand would be the other supporter of the Leader. He offensively reacts to actions especially brought to the community by Stooge B. He considers himself and the Stooges as rivals, and he sees little sense in just talking and meeting agreements. By no means he is a gun-nut or interested to become all violent, but he is affectionate with proper self-defense, which actually may include missions to bring some impressive fighting to the doorsteps of the assailants.
I guess “D’artagnan” from the Musceteer-story might be the best comparison to his personality. And yes, he is one of the children of the Leader.

Both Hands

Both Hands share the one thing: they want to help their Leader as much as possible; their dedication is all about achieving what their Leader asks them to do – in small steps as much as in giant leaps. That is why they work together, although there is enough potential for stress and conflict between both of them. They will give each other as much a hard time as possible, but they will stand together in any really dire situation.

4. How the PCs might get involved

Now that you “know” the pillars of the background-story (location, intentions by the major NPCs) it is important to understand how or why the PCs get involved.

a) Q & A

1. Why the PCs have come to the small town or location? Has someone called them – maybe one of the Stooges or the Hands, or maybe even the Nemesis in disguise or the Leader himself, or maybe a Neutral being sick of all the struggle between the two major factions? Have they reached the place accidentally, coincidentally, or do they have their own agenda leading to this place?
2. How the PCs have reached the location? Have they travelled there or have they been transported there? Are they there by their own plans, or have they been forced to travel to that location?
3. Is it simply money calling them there? Or is it a secret or public message asking them for a favor in the particular area – like a call for help, a bounty-hunting, an offer they simply cannot refuse?
4. Is it an adventure in the neighborhood at which they learn about the struggle in this area, and they choose to move there because they are interested in what is going on?

The answers to these (and probably more questions) I won’t provide; but wasting a couple of thoughts on any of the questions will help you finding the right entry for the PCs into this adventure. Since the story allows for plenty of different gaming opportunities as well as gaming styles you will find a way to introduce this adventure to the PCs – either in the classic way by instrumentalizing a client or instructor (“Please, pretty PCs, do this for a warm hand-shake and some creds.”) or simply by ‘accidentally’ droping them into a fight between Stooges B’s minions and Second Hand’s friends … Or maybe you come up with a situation, in which the PCs require some special items for repairs which they may buy at either the Stooges or the Hands or necessarily at both Factions …

b) Most Important Question

What is the purpose of this adventure?

Make sure you have defined the target of this adventure:
1. Is it supposed to be a sandbox, and the PCs are there to gain their best result by exploiting the conflict between both Factions?
2. Is this story about the PCs deciding which Faction they want to support?
3. Or is this story about bringing down both Factions and thus helping the Neutrals?

5. The Neutrals

This story is not only about the Factions, but also about those inbetween – the small city, community, group, scattered farmers, district inhabitants … Simply: the Neutrals, you get the idea.
They have to deal with members of both Factions on a very regular basis – simply because of paperwork to be done, medical care, buying and selling stuff, or doing businesses of all kinds. Some of the Neutrals are more in favor of the Evil Faction, while others seem to be kind of supportive for the Other Faction; but there is nearly none having the spine to speak up in favor of any Faction at all. So that is where the PCs may get involved with the Neutrals. The PCs will speak with them for whatever reason:
- The Bar Tender in the Cantina may give some clues about the whereabouts of the Stooge B and his crew of misfits; or may even protect them for whatever reason;
- the one or the other Farmer might have some trouble with either the Evil or the Other Faction telling the PCs that he more often has to struggle with one of them, because they kill his farm animals, violate the borders of his private property, inhibit routes to his farm and thus prevente him from joining the weekly market or getting visited by the local doctor;
- the Mayor or one of his Public Officers has some trouble with either or even both Factions because he cannot uphold the public order anymore;
- the Sheriff or local police might start to cripple under the pressure of the local struggle between both Factions;
- some local guy or girl has learned about certain whereabouts;
- the public news-service may have a reporter or journalist available who has to trade some information;
- maybe there is a defector from the one or the other Faction directly addressing the PCs for help or to get them for some kind of revenge-theme or something …

There you are with the Neutrals. This is the source you will get “independent” information about both groups. You may come up with the older as well as most recent historical events between both groups; you may take the opportunity to share some half-baked truths, outrages rumors, and real facts about both groups and thus make the PCs think and plan how to react to these new conditions … The Neutral ground is where the overall adventure will take place; and the Factions are the locations where the important scenes will happen …

Phase II: Ping Pong

Now that you have learned the basic background concepts of this adventure, you will face the trouble of getting along with the present day and playing the adventure to get to some sort of conclusion. The leading question is what this adventure is all about – about the PCs and their own agenda, assisting one of the two Factions, or doing something in favor of the Neutrals.

This story is about roleplaying the information and getting down to these conflicts:

The Evil Faction often violates the life of the Neutrals as well as the Other Faction;
the Other Faction often violates the life of the Neutrals as well as the Evil Faction;
the Neutrals are treated badly especially by the Evil, but also by the Other Faction.

So, choosing sites is highly dependent on what kind of “general” alignment or attitude the PCs share.

Here is the otuline for a "heroic" way of playing this adventure - for different gaming-style you will have to adjust some things accordingly; for this you may find some advice in the last part of this article.

First Steps – the outlying Conflict

After the PCs have gotten involved into the story, they will learn about some basic conflict between both Factions. Naturally this should be about highly subjective tellings making the PCs believe where the evil dudes are. Maybe a group of minions by the Evil Faction or a Neutral was attacked by a group of attackers from the Other Faction, but to the PCs it looks like the minions of the Other Faction have been the evil ones. So the PCs will understand that there is trouble coming from the Other Faction.
From now on they may wish to get some information from the inhabitants of the small community about the Other Faction; and lucky as they are they will most likely meet those Neutrals telling dark stories and rumors about the Other Faction – probably because the guys they helped have told them to speak to certain people in town …

First Real Encounter – the real Face of the Other Faction

Now the PCs will go there and try to bring trouble to the Other Faction. Here they will encounter some members of the Other Faction. Unless this story is about delivering real trouble, there should be no combat – or in case combat starts, it should be interrupted by either one the Hands or the Leader asap.
Now the PCs have the chance to learn more about one of the Stooges and what trouble they mean for the Other Faction. This is the time where the PCs may wish to reconsider the sides in this conflict; and they may start to plan an encounter with the Stooge mentioned by the Other Faction.

First Evil Encounter – the Enemy …

a) If this is the Stooge A the PCs then visit, the encounter will be about the PCs being distracted and being lead into some ambiguity. The outcome of this encounter should result in the PCs doubting about the evil schemes of Stooge A as well as the “good” intentions of the Other Faction. Maybe you can achieve this by having some of Second Hand’s friends attacking Stooge A and maybe even getting some Neutrals involved into this fight. Choosing sides here should be a challenge to a certain degree. The best thing to happen is that the PCs don’t pick one yet, but instead they wish to doublecheck what they have learned so far.
b) If this encounter is about Stooge B, this is going to be some (fun?) action. The black- and white-scheme of Evil vs. Good should be obvious. Make sure this encounter is one between the PCs and some members of Stooge B’s minions only, because Stooge B has his personal agenda and is not available in this encounter… Probably the PCs will engage the minions in an Cantina or at a local bump-rat-slum-wrestling-event.
c) After either one of these encounters the PCs will want to speak more with the Neutrals in order to get some more information on this conflict between both Factions. Also the PCs will want to talk to the Leader or the First Hand of the Other Faction in order to either tell them about Stooge B’s crew being roughed up, or, if the PCs have spoken to the Neutrals about the bigger picture of schemes here, the PCs wish to get some clarification on things as well … But instead of talking something else will happen …

You better start running … Some Complication

While the PCs take care of the first encounter with the Evil Faction, two things take place one after the other – coincidentally naturally:
a) Before he gets visited by the PCs Stooge A has finally convinced local police or some self-justifying Neutrals to visit the Other Faction and trouble them with some self-righteous action – like getting some members into jail for whatever over-simplified reasons;
b) soon after this group has left the Other Faction Stooge B and his remaining minions show up and bring some trouble to the place. In the fight taking place some members of the Other Faction die, while others flee, and a few get caught and taken as hostages by Stooge B.
c) aa) A few hours (maybe days) after that the PCs will show up at the Other Faction again after their first Encounter with the Evil Faction. And now they have a lot to talk about – not only about what they learned during their first encounter with the Evil Faction, but also about what has happened in the meantime. Now the PCs will have different options about what they want to do – either go to the prison and try to get the prisoners out there again, or visiting Stooge B in order to free the hostages.
What they don’t know or what won’t be told to them is that Second Hand together with some of his closer friends are already in action to free either the hostages OR the imprisoned members – this depends on what the PCs are going to do.
If they choose to talk to the local police or Sheriff about the imprisoned, Second Hand attacks Stooge B and the hostages – or the PCs try to rescue the hostages, while Second Hand and his guys attack the prison in order to rescue their mates.
bb) During the background-encounter Second Hand’s group will be slain, while Second Hand barely gets out of there alive … He will be found by some of Stooge A’s minions, who will take him hostage in order to put more pressure on the Other Faction.
cc) The PCs may wish to follow the other lead as well. There they will either learn about an outright attack on the prison by Second Hand and his men (bad news!), which will shed some bad light on the PCs as well, or they will encounter Stooge B and his remaining crew and see that there has been a fight most recently. In either case the PCs should perform well enough to get either the hostages or imprisoned guys into freedom again – either with a solid fight, some nice tricks, or maybe even with a bargain or bribe or ransom, which really depends on the gaming-decisions by the PCs.

More Trouble

The Other Faction is in kind of a bad situation. Rumors about some of their men being in custody for some crimes done have quickly spread; this becomes a stain on the PCs as well, if it is obvious they support the Other Faction. So this will make it more difficulty to find Neutrals helping the PCs as well.
The PCs return with both – the hostages and the prisoners. But the world is not all shiny; because the Other Faction has received a letter to be recognized – a ransom in that kind that the Other Faction should give up, or finally loose Second Hand …
This is the time for some preparation for the final boss-fight against Stooge A ...

Phase III: Solution

When the PCs will try to rescue Second Hand from the imprisonment by Stooge A, the adventure may be concluded in one of four ways:
a) the PCs simply get grinded to death … But a TPK is not what this adventure should be about, so next would be …
b) the PCs meet Stooge A, and he provides them an offer the PCs won’t be able to refuse, or
c) the PCs fight Stooge A and his final minions to death rescuing Second Hand and resolving this adventure, or finally
d) find Stooge A fleeing his place; then he will leave enough clues for the PCs to follow him. Either they will be on his trail from the very first moment, or they will find letters, bank-account-information, memos of whatever kind that will point towards the one hide-out Stooge A and the Nemesis or his middleman use in order to plan their actions.
So the PCs will have enough information to follow Stooge A to this place. And there they would have the final boss-fight encounter against Stooge A AND the Nemesis …

Phase IV: Final Words

During Phase II I have outlined the story I would provide for a group of adventurers wishing to win as the good heroes. The first thing I have tried to describe is to point the PCs into the false direction; then, when they understand the situation a lot better, things get complicated with several different options providing some confusion as well; finally there will be a sequence of events leading directly to the boss fight of the adventure.
If you like to have an adventure which is more in favor of the Evil Faction, simply exchange the roles and do some minor adjustments; then the story will work just as well.
In case you wish to bring down both Factions, you may wish to add some more troublesome information about both groups. And either both groups start an open battle and simply annihilate each other, or there will be enough reason for the Neutrals to go on witch-hunts against both groups accordingly; the PCs will have to catalyze the situation. This last version will be a little more complicated for you as the GM – especially because this really depends on what the PCs do. But you may support them with these hints:

a) You may have recognized that I called the Other Faction the OTHER, and not the GOOD Faction. This should help you to simply set some criminal actions by both, the First and the Second Hand with the first one doing bribery, corruptions, forgery of documents, and stuff, while the latter is infamous for burglary, streetfighting, maybe even cold-blooded murder;
b) maybe both Factions provide certain black-market items the PCs would like to get hold of, but in order to get those things they would be asked to do “something” against the competing Faction; if the PCs perform this well enough, they may be able to play the Evil Faction off against the Other Faction – this would be a promissing and outstanding roleplay-gaming … (Maybe you would like to watch the movie of “Last Man Standing” again.)

Finally: As I have mentioned in Phase I there are some levers to push and pull in order to adjust and to scale the adventure accordingly depending on how complex the story shall be, and to meet the level of experience of the PCs … Feel free to do so. I hope you like it, and feel free to discuss options for and raise questions about. I am looking forward to discussing things with you.

Certainly, as usual: This adventure requires some fleshing out, and this is your task.

Best wishes!
Cpt. Future

P.S.: This Adventure Skeleton with some more advice how to adjust this adventure for different genres will be available in Madadventurers(dot)com soon ...

Last edited by Cpt.Future on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Board index » Role Playing Game Discussion » Star Wars RPG by FFG » Adventures