Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Order of 66 Boards » SW:TOR Forums » Tosche Station

Post subject: How to get Slicing to 400
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:31 am 
Sith Apprentice

Hello, everyone. My 18th level Jedi Knight reached 400 Slicing as of yesterday evening (the 18th). For those interested in leveling up Slicing quickly, I thought I'd share what worked for me.

Step #1 - Character Choice
I went with Jedi Knight as my slicing character for multiple reasons, including RP considerations. However, the Jedi has two pluses that make him the best choice as a slicer (at least for the Republic). First, T7 has a bonus to Slicing criticals, which is very helpful in making the crew skill a moneymaker. Second, the Jedi Knight gets a second companion on Coruscant, and has 3 companions as soon as the Coruscant arc is finished.

Step #2 - Getting T7
You need to get to a level where it is feasible to craft. To do this, you need to get T7. As soon as you reach the point in the story where he is available and not a 'guest' companion, go to the Republic Fleet and train Slicing. Once this is done, send out T7 on lockbox missions (yellow or orange) any time you don't need him fighting at your side. The best time to craft is when you have a full group - the Esseles is a great example of this.

Step #3 - Getting Kira
Once you reach Coruscant, focus on your class story until Kira becomes a 'guest' companion. At this point, team up with Kira and send out T7 on lockbox missions every time they become available.

Step #4 - Get your ship
Continue your class story with Kira at your side and T7 on Slicing missions. When you finish Coruscant, you will get your ship...and a noncombat droid companion. The droids will run Slicing missions constantly...and you'll be at 400 Slicing in no time! I recommend Orange missions for T7, and Yellow missions for your ship droid.

Last edited by Fedifensor on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: How to get Slicing to 400
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:23 pm 
Sith Lord

This also holds true for Treasure Hunting/Archae. Just be aware that after about 100 or so, the missions get really expensive. Sending T7 and C2 out constantly almost bankrupted me.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:05 pm 
Sith Warrior

Another option for crafting is the PvP craft route.

PvP generates good amount of creds and you can send your companion on mission while inside a PvP instance so you can have them run missions non stop and be gaining enough credits from the PvP to pay for it.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:14 pm 
Sith Apprentice

AsaTJ wrote:
This also holds true for Treasure Hunting/Archae. Just be aware that after about 100 or so, the missions get really expensive. Sending T7 and C2 out constantly almost bankrupted me.

The difference between Slicing and other skills is that Slicing lockboxes directly give you credits, where other skills require selling on the GTN to get comparable rewards. That was the only reason I could level Slicing so quickly. Overall, I was making more money than I was spending on missions, even with the occasional mission failure.

Board index » The Order of 66 Boards » SW:TOR Forums » Tosche Station