Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Order of 66 Boards » SW:TOR Forums » Tosche Station

Post subject: Crew Skills - What Makes What
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:49 am 
Jedi Apprentice

The question came up early this morning of who makes the "armoring" mods that moddable armor items can take.

In case any have missed this, weapons and armor each have three "mod slots":

Blasters: Barrel (quality of this mod determines damage), Mod, Enhancement

Lightsabers: Hilt (quality of this mod determines damage), Mod, Enhancement

Armor: Armoring (quality of this mod determines armor), Mod, Enhancement.

I remembered from playing with an Artificer (Artifice?) during the Beta period that Artificers could craft "stuffers" for the Enhancement slot ("Enhancement mods") and hilts, but I knew no more than that.

After doing a little research on which classes can create which "mod stuffers," I found this neat thread.

Good info here, and, based on the OP's date, I'm relatively confident it's up to date. Comments or corrections deeply appreciated.

Quote:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=26595

Hello all... while waiting to see if I win the early access lotto today, I was looking through the Crew Skills to try and figure out which skill makes what item, given that there's all the various mods/augments/etc out there. I've been using http://www.torhead.com as my main resource, and I've compiled a small list of items, what can be slotted into them, and what makes each piece.

Just to recap, per my understanding - you have the base item itself, for example a Lightsaber or a Blaster. Each base item has a varying degree of customizability - some Lightsabers only have an Augment slot, others are fully customizable. A fully customizable item is actually just a container for the mods that it can equip - the Hilt / Barrel / Armoring pieces will determine the actual base stats (damage and armor value) for weapons and armor. With that said, here's what I have so far:

Weapons: (Lightsabers appear to be uncraftable atm, Blasters are made with Armstech)
Hilt / Barrel - Artificing / Armstech
Color Crystal - Artificing
Mod - Cybertech
Enhancement - Artificing
Augment - Slicing

Offhands: - Artificing
Augment - Slicing

Armor: - Synthweaving / Armormech
Armoring - Cybertech
Mod - Cybertech
Enhancement - Artificing
Augment - Slicing

Ear: Cybertech
Augment - Slicing

Implant: Biochem
Augment - Slicing

Relic: ?
Augment - Slicing

Stims (Long-term Buffs) / Adrenals (Short-term Buffs) / Medpacs (Health kits) - Biochem

Now that's what I have... but this is only based on my own limited knowledge outside the game itself. Can anyone fill in the blanks - are there craftable relics? Where do augments come from? Also, it seems like there are some rather odd gaps in the crew skills; for example, I would assume that Artificing/Armstech would both make the same types of items, just different base items and mods (ie, lightsabers/hilts for the former, blasters/barrels for the latter, with both making enhancements) - but instead, Artificing can make color crystals (used in all weapons, including blasters), enhancements (used in weapons and armor, by both force and non-force users), off-hands (for both force and non-force users), and hilts (used in lightsabers), while Armstech can only make the base weapons + barrel (used only in blasters). Armstech and Synthweaving can only make the base armor (or granted, armor that already has slots but isn't customizable/upgradeable), and can't make armoring (which is made by... Cybertech??)? Is this all correct, or is the data on Torhead missing schematics?

Post subject: Re: Crew Skills - What Makes What
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:42 am 
Jedi Knight

Moved to Tosche Station now that it exists, instead of Trading Post.

Board index » The Order of 66 Boards » SW:TOR Forums » Tosche Station