Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » Tabletop RPG Podcasts » Chronicles: The Pathfinder Podcast

Post subject: Re: Rise of the Runelords reprint - Anyone else preordered?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:09 pm 
GM

My copy from Amazon finally arrived. I had delayed the release of my review as I did not want to base a review on the PDF, when the physical product is so important to potential customers.

I am glad I waited to finish up the review. The PDF simply does not do the book justice. This book is flat out gorgeous. It reminds me a great deal of Margaret Weiss' War of the Lance hardcover sourcebook for 3.5 which was also in full color and a real jaw dropper at the time it was released, too. To be fair to Paizo, this is a comparison as much based upon emotional reaction and less on the overall graphic design of the two books. As gorgeous as War of the Lance was (and is), WotL doesn't hold a candle to Rise of the Runelords Annic Edition. In fact, no RPG book does.

I don't care if you never will run it or if you will ony play in it and think you shouldn't get it. Get this thing and leave it in the box put it away until you are finished playing it. Whatever the case, if you don't get this book, you are making a BIG mistake. This is going to be a book that will defines all RPG afventures for many, many years to come.

Full review later this week on ENWorld.org.

Post subject: Re: Rise of the Runelords reprint - Anyone else preordered?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:11 am 
Super Hero in Training

TheBigBlueFrog wrote:
NeverTellMeTheOdds, did you order directly from Paizo, or through a third party retailer?

I got mine directly from Paizo.

Board index » d20 Radio Podcasts » Tabletop RPG Podcasts » Chronicles: The Pathfinder Podcast